BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Please forgive my ignorance but I have a few questions. Firstly, on page 6 of this year's regs it states "angle...fish (with or without a rod) to which only one hook, one artificial lure or one artificial fly is attached". Can this "one hook" be a treble hook? If the answer is single hook only, what about an artificial lure with a treble hook or (like so many lures currently on the market) multiple treble hooks?
Next, are lead sinkers illegal in BC? If so, where can obtain eco-friendly sinkers? Thanks for your consideration.

--Tim

· Registered
883 Posts
Treble hooks are a no no! If you purchase a lure with a treble hook attached too it. You must replace it with a single barbless hook if you are angling in any freshwater stream or slough that permits angling with a lure. This is a province wide regulation. This also applies to some lakes in British Columbia. Read the general restrictions in each region. It is in there. Also read the special restrictions/notes on the body of water that you choose to angle in... :cheers: sage

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for responding Sage. Indeed the regs refer to single hook only on streams and rivers...but what I understand is that treble hooks are legal for lakes throughout the Province unless specifically noted in the regional/special restrictions. Sorry to belabor the point, but what about lures with multiple hooks? Removing hooks from some lures may render the lure unusable. Personally, I'm not fan of treble hooks but some lures are more difficult to switch to single hooks than others. I am changing most of my lures to single hooks as it is much easier to release the fish and they're not so dang tangly. Oh yeah...any info on lead sinkers(laws/eco-alternatives)? Thanks again.

--Tim

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.