BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm heading to Hornby in the next couple of days, and taking my kayak and salt gear. Was wondering if there's any salmon running through there now, or any tips for catching some dinner. Thanks.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Yes Lambert Channel is always a good bet, fish in front of eagle rock (a white house on denman) or in the 200 foot trench in front of the ferry terminal. The south end of Hornby off Norris Rock is good too, fish the 180-200 foot shelf of Norris Rock or in front f Tribune Bay. Also on the outside of the Flora Islets is worth checking out.
There is usually decent fishing to be had off any kelp beds on the inside of Chrome Island (the lighthouse) at the south end of Denman, jigging works well here if you are not able to troll as well as a herring fly stripped in can prove deadly. You should be able to get into both springs and blue backs should be showing up any time now.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, that's just the info. that I was looking for. I'll post up when I get back on how I did. Bought a new buzz-bomb today, will try that out, as well as my fish-imitating flies. I would like to bucktail for coho, but not sure if the kayak can be propelled fast enough.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Nice bike too by the way. I just sold my Honda CBR954rr. Try the Dynamara jigs in a black (my favorite) or green, as well as stingsildas or point wilson darts, they work great here.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts