BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my trip on Monday back to Calgary (after exceptionally successful 5 days of fishing -springs, cohos and chum), in the area of the Enchanted Forest - some 20-30 km before Revelstoke, next to the road there is a small river running along.
There was a reduced speed zone, cars were parked and people taking photos of the river (drive way size wide)- for my greatest surprise the river was packed with red fish!
I was shocked, amazed, overwhelmed by respect to the mother nature an the dedication of those red creatures.
I had no idea the fish travels so far;
- and again the Columbia river faith with the dam on the US side came up-what a misfortune event in disturbing the balance of nature... just I'll stop here.
Hats down for the fish that brings us endless joy!

·
Registered
195 Posts
I've driven past there before in the fall and seen that as well. Was it around the Enchanted Forest Theme Park?
I believe that is our sockeye making their journey up river.

·
Registered
104 Posts
yeah i seem to remember that being the eagle river too. doesn't it flow along the #1 highway until it dumps into one of the bigger lakes aronud chase or sicamous or something?

·
Retired Administrator
4,447 Posts
It dumps into the Shuswap Lake and is a nursery for sockeye and coho. Maybe the odd spring too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts