BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How far up a river like the Vedder would a steelhead travel in a day? Anyone have any answers to these types of questions? I talked to one guy and hes telling me the last 5 years the hatchery has been hatching triploid steelies, and once they hit the mouth of the Vedder they will just turn around and go back to the ocean for food, and because of this fishing is slower? Not sure what to think. Any answers to questions would be great. I remember last year this time I had a week of multifish days, but I struggling to find a fish right now... whats going on. ???

243 Posts
There are no triploid steelhead in the Vedder that are produced by the hatchery.

The run this year seems to be lower this year than in years past. Even the hatchery is having a difficult time making its brood numbers. Water conditions also play a role in angler success, especially on a heavily pressured river like the Vedder.

I had a pretty good day on the river today and all of the guys that I talked to on the river either landed a fish or were at least hooked up today. Of course I only saw 4 other guys on the river and they were all pretty good rods...

· Banned
2,854 Posts
all steelhead travel differently. one might go far in a day where another might sit in the same spot for days :confused: noone really knows their behaviour or we would catch more of them now wouldnt we :thumbup:

· Registered
3 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.