BC Fishing Reports banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wants to find something to do after sockeye is done. vedder is too shallow and stave is not the time yet

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Really? I drove over the canal the other day, and it looked pretty decent?

·
Registered
148 Posts
wants to find something to do after sockeye is done. vedder is too shallow and stave is not the time yet
LOL...too shallow for what?

and Cap river is not fishing at all right now. Water is at a 0. No fish are coming into the river.

·
Registered
708 Posts
maybe try the river slightly east of the Cap. Not sure what the regulations are on the Seymour but there has been fish there.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
If you mean that the canal only has 1/2 the bottom covered ........ then it's in great shape. Let the snaggers around the Bailey Bridge and those that call that even "fishing" have at 'er. Too many dink floats on it for me ...

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
The Vedder too low! Now that is amusing. I guess there isn't enought current for a 3 oz. weight to move. Maybe some people should try plunking with those betties. Welcome to the show people it will be running from now until december!

I would bet right now that the vedder is fishing quite well for both springs and early coho. Definitelt give it a shot.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Another couple weeks should change that, or the rain that they have been forcasting, noticed the show is slowy starting at the bridge

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sept 18 - Vedder

Was on the Chilliwack today; some places above Vedder crossing. Very quiet but I didn't get there until around 2pm. River is very clear and quite low. Saw a few guys fishing here and there but didn't see anyone with fish. Perhaps some were caught earlier in the morning, at least looking at the amount of row bags/beer cans at a couple of places.

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
Original thread topic: "How is capilano river COHO fishing like now?"

So Capilano then...to answer your question unclesam, the cap runs start to pick up in October...big rains will help as it seems only then will they open up the dam, although sometimes you get lucky and they open it up even without the rains.

Regs on the cap I would have to look up to be absolutely sure, and you should too. In past years it has been fully catch and release only for coho, even for hatchery fish, which is the same for steelhead on that river. If you are looking for retention, the Chinook can be kept though, but please check the regs, don't go by what I am typing here as I am only half way through my morning coffee...

I hope that helps with your question, for those of you who want to talk about the Vedder, I am sure there must be at least one thread on that topic around here somewhere...

Good luck to you unclesam.

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
Looks like the dam opened up yesterday unclesam, with the higher water it would be worth fishing the cap now and especially as the water levels drop back down again. Here's a link to the water levels cap webcam:

http://www.vankayak.org/capcam/

Nice to see some earlier action out there, let us know how you do if you head out.

:cheers:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.