BC Fishing Reports banner
6K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Mo 
#1 ·
The regulations state that "There is no limit to the number of fishing rods a licenced fisher may use in tidal waters, other than the tidal waters of the Fraser River where the limit is one line per angler".
Anyone have an idea where the the "tidal waters of the Fraser River" extend to.
How far North, South and West. Does this include sand heads or is it just the tidal portion inside the river?

#5 ·
I was under the impression that the fraser was considered salt up to the bridge at mission. Don't take this as gospel, I thought I heard/read it somewhere. I've never had to know for myself, so I never really researched it. Hope it guides your search.

#6 ·
Bronjuan
I'm Ok with where the tidal waters extend going east. I'm was more curious as to where the Fraser officially stops West. I was told that the delta was all tidal Fraser and restricted to one line per angler. As I am often out by myself this is an important detail. It doesn't appear that this is the case. One more advantage of fishing North of the border. South of the border is one line per angler always.

#8 ·
Fraser River-Pitt River Tidal Waters

The tidal portion of the Fraser River includes the Fraser River downstream of the CPR bridge at Mission to a line drawn from a fishing boundary sign near the entrance to Canoe Passage, thence to a fishing boundary sign on Westham Island, thence following the westerly shoreline of Westham Island and Reifel Island to Pelly Point on Reifel Island, thence to Garry Point on Lulu Island, thence following the westerly shoreline of that island to the most northwesterly point of Lulu Island, thence to the most southwesterly point of Sea Island; thence following the westerly shoreline of that island to the Iona Island Road Causeway, thence following that causeway and continuing in a straight line in a northerly direction to a fishing boundary sign on the north shore of Iona Island, thence in a straight line in a northerly direction to a fishing boundary sign on the mainland. It also includes those waters of the Pitt River downstream of the CPR Bridge.
It is prohibited to use more than one line when sport fishing in the tidal waters of the Fraser River. While only one line per angler may be used, gear designed to catch a maximum of two fish at one time (bar rig) is permitted in this area, provided that two single barbless hooks are being used.

Does that help? I have no idea of the geography. At the bottom of the page. http://www.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/fm-gp/rec/tidal-maree/a-s29-eng.htm

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.