BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I was wondering if we are allowed to take with us to the river more than one rod. Can we shift from spinning to fly? If not. Can I leave my fishing rods in the car and go back to change it when I want?

I appreciate your help to figure out this issue. Thanks

Giuseppe

· Registered
102 Posts
I am not 100% possitive but I think you are allowed to have more than one rod as long as you are only fishing the one. I was bar-fishing a couple weeks back and a couple boats pulled in below us and were bottom bouncing, and as soon as the guy above us hooked a spring on his bar rod the guys below us all switched up to bar-fishing.

· Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for your reply. people do different (legal and illegal) things... I tried to get this info from the regulations but I was not able to find anything.
there are a lot knowledgeable people in this forum, I am sure someone had the correct answer to this.

giuseppe

· Registered
691 Posts
Bring as many rods as you'd like to the river, but can only be fishing one of them as it says in the regs. But wouldn't it be easier for you to just pick up one if those great little spin/fly rod combos at Walmart, then you wouldn't have to worry about this.

· Registered
102 Posts
eimaj, are you trying to start another walmart fight :naughty:...just kidding. Yeah I was just gonna say I talked to a buddy and he confirmed you can bring whatever you want as long as you are just fishin one at a time. :thumbup:

· Registered
290 Posts
yeah, as many rods as you like.i always bring two rods, today i brought my baitcaster rod and centerpin rod, i used my baitcaster for one hour and then switched to centerpin. during coho season, i always carrying a spinner rod and a baitcaster but scratch that plan since i've learned how to use a centerpin. ;D

· Registered
898 Posts
Can I leave my fishing rods in the car
Please don't do this :naughty:
Even if they are out of sight someone might see you leave them in your car
And sadly there are some naughty people arround that think it is ok to break into a motor and steal stuff :wallbash:
Only one line in the water at one time when fishing from shore :thumbup:

· Registered
917 Posts
Britguy said:
And sadly there are some naughty people arround that think it is ok to break into a motor and steal stuff :wallbash:
Great point Britguy...thanks for pointing this out. Never leave anything of value in the vehicle - or at least keep items out of plain view. Pretty tough to hide a rod.

· Registered
86 Posts
Just wondering how many of you switch between Fly and gear rods when your out on the Vedder?? Or any time of river/stream. Also what kind of a percentage would you think in catching something if you are switching between 2 different types of Rods?? Not a debate just a quick Question :-\

· Registered
193 Posts
I usually take 3 rods,my gear chucker,centerpin and fly. Then i get to play with which ever one i want and have all options open for different waters or situations etc. Once i get my spey it will be 4 :happy:

· Registered
303 Posts
Few years a go, friend of mine was fined $520.00 for fishing Fraser with two rods at same time...... :naughty:

:confused:

B.

· Registered
1,660 Posts
Barba said:
Few years a go, friend of mine was fined $520.00 for fishing Fraser with two rods at same time...... :naughty:

:confused:

B.
Yeah, but if your rod is sitting on the gravel or leaning against a tree and the line is not in the water, then you are not fishing with that rod. If you bring two rods, use one and keep the spare nearby...I don't know how anyone can ever be accused of fishing with two rods this way. Unless of course your friend was keeping his "spare" rod on a rod holder, and its line was in the middle of the river attached to a bar rig.

Please give us more details on what exactly your friend was doing to deserve the fine...so that we have usable information instead of just vague stuff to further confuse people.

· Registered
147 Posts
I finally found this on the DFO site. Here is the link to the page:
http://www.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/recfish/Tidal/area29_e.htm
"It is prohibited to use more than one line when sport fishing in the tidal waters of the Fraser River. While only one line per angler may be used, gear designed to catch a maximum of two fish at one time (bar rig) is permitted in this area, provided that two single barbless hooks are being used."
This doesn't make sense to me ???
Non-tidal states:
"Use more than one fishing line, EXCEPT a person who is alone in a boat on a lake may angle with two lines."
I hope that clears it up!!

· Registered
147 Posts
finseeker said:
While only one line per angler may be used, gear designed to catch a maximum of two fish at one time (bar rig) is permitted in this area, provided that two single barbless hooks are being used."
This doesn't make sense to me ???
This is what doesn't make sense to me....
When I am alone in my boat.... I can't fish 2 rods intended to catch one fish at a time per rod..... but I can fish 2 spreader bars on one rod and catch 2 sturgeon at once!!
Now there is a challenge!! :happy: :beerchug:

· Registered
8 Posts
i always bring at least two rods with me anywhere im fishing.This way if i happen to lose :wallbash: or break one :wallbash: i have a spare. I lost one this summer while trolling... caught a fish and set the rod down to unhook and release it and the rod fell over the side .havnt got it back yet but still look for it everytime i go to that lake.

· Registered
247 Posts
bring ALL the rods u want. only one may be fished at a time. you can use a double bar rig in TIDAL portion of fraser(see post above,i thought this was no more but i'll go with the post). single in non tidal water. two rods may be used if ALONE IN A BOAT ON A LAKE, i do this sometimes with a chronie and a stripped fly just to see whats getting the action.
years ago when i used to bar fish wingdam bar i was always first up in the morning and would cast all the rods in my group out, not sure what DFO would have said now that i think about it but there was a body for each rod present(just sleeping) maybe good they ususally don't come around that early. lol, most rods i had out at one time was 17, thank god they didn't all start ringing at once. did this for years and only had one double header and had to yell for help as i had one rod in each hand, it was a sight to see LOL

· Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Britguy said:
it is funny you said that because few days I posted this post I realized that someone decided to become owner of my wheel covers while I was fishing. I know that because it was the only day and time I used my car. I am going to write a post on this. And of course I am going to look for new wheel covers. unbelievable.

giuseppe

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.