How many years have you been fishing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
44 here as well (but I probably started much earlier than Nog). Looks like the oldtimers are out numbering the rest in the poll too. No wonder there is such a wealth of knowledge to be found here.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Caught my first fish at age 5 in the Winnipeg river system and was hooked for life. Moved to BC in 1972 at age 22 . I caught my first steelie that first winter on the coast and it has been a wonderful addiction ever since. I will hit 51 years as a fisherman in December.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I caught my 1st fish while visiting relatives in ontario....I think I was 3 or 4. began fishing the Fraser Valley when I was 5 (rod handed over/squaw fishing) and fished full time with my own big boy rod & reel since I was 7. not bad for someone who is 16 next month.

Mike <"))))))><

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
been fishing since the age of 5(with help) 31 now thats 26 years experience not bad!!! won a derby or 2 and no injuries fishing as of yet! (knock on wood) i guess you can say i'm addicted!!!

C.K.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I'm turning 60 in a few months and caught my first fish at about age 5 or 6. Hardt o believe how fast the time goes but I guess i've been fishing for 54 years.

·
Registered
917 Posts
I too caught my first trout when I was five. Used a stick, line, hook and worm. I didn't set-up the rig - I let my dad's buddy do that. But I reeled the fish in (or pulled up)! I grew up in Kamloops when I was a kid and I used to go fishing in the Spring, Summer and Fall quite regularly - usually trolling flatfish with my step dad. I then moved to the Lower Mainland, went to school (UBC) and got involved with my fraternity, met my wife, got more education, began a career, and started flyfishing and tying back in 1998. I exclusively flyfished until 2 years ago when I was introduced to the sockeye fishery. Then FishFinder took me to the Vedder/Chilliwack and now I enjoy the drift fishing too! But I've always got a soft spot for the fly, and consider tying flies my fishing away from the water! I feel that I'm still learning every time I'm on the water! The obsession is quite ridiculous really... :oops:

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
well boys

im 27 just turned 9th of august and i have been fishing my entire life even had a rod out there as a baby infant. of course that was for my dad to get more fish :? think i brought my first salmon in when i was 4 think it was a nice little Jack spring too about 4 or 5 lbs . and that was back when we bar fished :shock: :shock: reeling in that 18oz weight at age 4

man im crazy, eh?

that makes my whole life for me

tight lines

HOOK

·
Registered
36 Posts
All my life as well. am 44 now and hopefully will be going strong tillI drop. My Dad just turned 80 this year and has been fishing all of his life as well, so you can probably mark him down for about 75 years. He still handles a boat and trailer better than most. I'm very proud of him for doing what he does at his age.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Stone. First fish at age 4 (have a picture of me with the trophy, a 4 inch sun perch); therefore, I have been fishing for 58 years. Time flies. Will fish a week in B.C. this Oct, can't wait. Thanks. Salt.

·
Super Moderator
2,719 Posts
wow some of you guys make me feel young :lol: :lol: (still am) 27 first fish at langford lake at 4, been out pretty much every weekend and some weekdays since.
:( almost made the 25+ catagory

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
I've loved to fish for as long as I can remember..Some of the best times as a boy was catching mud sharks with FishinFreak off any pier that we could fish from...Since then I've been fortunate enough to enjoy fishing at it's finest, and hope that my children will be able to have the same expeariences to look back on...I also look forward to the fact, that no matter how many years I get under my belt on the water, there'll always be something new to be learned.

Finder :wink:

1 - 20 of 88 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.