BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is an educational video on how to properly lose a steelhead... ::) This fish just hammered a roe bag that was drifted through a narrow current seam near shore on the vedder river...She immediately took off running like a bloody freight train!!!!

Here the angler really put his 8 lb leader to the test...as you can see he is obviously horsing the fish in, using various tricks to turn the fish and keep her under control...yet however tricky an angler gets, there is always the danger of popping your leader when horsing a green fish in to shore too quickly...

http://s173.photobucket.com/albums/w52/bcfishingreports/?action=view&current=4b2b2eb9.flv

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sorry, technical difficulties right now, will continue to work on this and get a link up sometime in the next day or so...

·
Registered
901 Posts
oh man are you just teasing us ???

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Oh its a good vid, I should know I taped it :thumbup: I especially like the ending!

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
(Ortho's take on the days proceedings) After a few brief momments to contemplate what we should throw in this gorgeous piece of water, I decided on a nice pink wrapped roe bag I had tied the night before...."trav & I had couldn't decide between the Vedder and the Check, but when all the reports came in, we decided to hit the Chilli/Vedder one more time before the river closed to gear above the crossing.....Now, as many of you know, if you have a good presentation, and the flow is just right, and it is not raining too hard, and you like who you are fishing with, and he is a good friend , and I happen to hit the first fish of the day, and he has to take all the pictures..................DON"T KEEP US IN SUSPENSE..................c'mon where is the video!!!!!!! ;).........Ortho 8)

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm having a hell of a time uploading the vid to photobucket...it just sits there doing nothing with a "sending request" message...anyone have any ideas? I'll get back at it tonight after work...

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Rib, I tried myself and guess what, it's too big. Photobucket only allows 100mb max video size unless you upgrade to pro! I'll check around for another site.

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
you guys should try using YOUTUBE and then just post the link here that should work

HOOK

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
HOOK said:
you guys should try using YOUTUBE and then just post the link here that should work

HOOK
Youtube has the same file size limit. I have already checked it out. I don't think you can get a free host to upload to with a vid over 100mb. Unless, if the video was to uploaded to the BCFR Server....Bergler, is that possible??

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hmmmm, yes, good eye Trav...105 mb! Just a bit too much I'm afraid...

We'll see what I can work out...

·
Registered
784 Posts
lots of great video editing software out there. Adobe Premier, Final cut pro (only for mac), avid Express...these are all pretty high powered programs. If you are just looking for a program to compress file size there are lots of free ones availiable eg. autoGK and others. If you need to edit and add some text and effects you want to look into one of the mentioned programs. If any of the admins need some help in this area I would be more than willing to lend my services.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Nice, too bad the net takes soo much quality away though.

I actually just watched it listening to Temple of the Dog's "I'm going Hungry" was pretty good :thumbup: Kinda suits the vid.

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
LoL...thanks for setting that up Berg...

This Strong Doe snapped my leader right at shore...I particularly like the part when my float lightly bobs into view after the leader snapped...damn, might just have to bump up my leader test if that keeps happening...but it won't...

I really "horsed" that fish hard...despite Steelie Trav's urging not to "horse it"...That fish ran probably 50 yards within the first 5 seconds of striking the bag...just took off running...!

Great times Trav, can't wait for the next trip!!!! And by the way...Thanks for being my camera man all day too there buddy!!! Much Appreciated. ;) Next time hopefully it'll be my turn... :thumbup:

rib

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
That was a sweet vid none the less,boys.......Thanks for sharing..............Just a question......what was wrong with the flat calm water 20 feet downstream from that rock behind you

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
fishortho said:
...Just a question......what was wrong with the flat calm water 20 feet downstream from that rock behind you?
I wanted to give the fish a fighting chance...The fish and I split the distance there from the strike point to that calmer flat spot you see in the vid downstream...as soon as I feel I can turn a fish I like to put the gears to them. I think I'm like that with all my fish. I like to make a stand. If I lose em once in a while, I don't mind. ;) :'(

Having said that, I likely would have landed the fish if I had walked her down there, but, the way it happened, she's the better for it, and I still had my fun!

;D

·
Registered
201 Posts
Yeah 50 post Club!!! :thumbup: Does anyone else find this video familiar? :confused:

.....Someones "Don't Horse It" Video?

I say we get that video on this board! ;D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts