BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off I have to thank Swiftwater for stepping to the plate with a once in a life time chance to go Sturgy fishing for a day.

I have been thinking of ways to PIF over the past few months. :hmmm: I was talking to a friend a few months ago and she mentioned that someone ahead of her in the drive-thru of Tim Horton's had paid for her entire order before she made it to the window. She said that she was blown away that someone would do that!!! I thought this was a great way to PIF to random people.

Like most commuters I start and end my day at Tim's. So for a 2 week period running into Easter I did this every time I went to get a Tim's. I may have even randomly served you in Abby or Surrey. :peace:
I have found it made a difference in peoples lives and really surprises them. People would chase me down and thank me on the road or drive by and wave. I have to say that Today it is hard to find anyone that will look you in the eyes 8) let alone wave. For eg. The person that budges in line and acts like you don't exist. The roads are Full of these people. I have found a nice gesture of catching the tab from a stranger really brings people out of this morning doldrums. :thumbup: My largest tab to date was $6.20 in case you were wondering. But man have I seen lots of stunned people and happy faces.

I would like to thank the people that have supported this PIF on BCFR. I feel that this is one step in the right direction for our online community and mankind.

And a Special Thanks to Swiftwater Guiding for the offers.

I feel that this can be more enjoyable for the giver than the receiver in a weird cant explain kind of way. :thumbup: So give it a try and make a difference in someones life today!

:beerchug:
Stormin30

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
That's great!

I guess I should start hitting tim's more often. ;D

My thing has been to put my parking receipts back in the machine so when the next person comes to pay they are met with the free ticket. I've noticed that a few people are following suit and I have benefited from the reciprocation a couple times now.

It's funny how little effort it takes to make someones day.

·
Registered
259 Posts
i believe what stormin30 is referring to is called "the drive through difference" I listen to praise 106.5 fm and there always talking about it. Its funny how a small amount of money like a couple of buck can total change some ones day.
What i wonder, how many people continue to act of kindness?
Keep it up stormin30. thats awesome.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Reading this made my day. Thanks Stormin30. Funny how a couple of bucks for something as simple as a coffee can really make someones day.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Way to go Stormin30..... :thumbup:

I had someone do that for me, must be close to two years ago and I think about it every time I go through Timmys' now.....(have done it a couple of times myself!)

Mike

·
Registered
200 Posts
way to go I had never thought that giving up that trip was going to spin off in such a random direction either way its great to see

look forward to getting you out yet stormin <the water is still on the rise but should peak by mid month so get ready!!

·
Registered
211 Posts
You have to give it away before you can recieve it

This is a message that I like to practice in my life.I have recieved so much from people in my life and they have not asked for anything it.I must do the same to really grab a good shot at happiness in this life.

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
How about a variation? Next time you are buying gear at your local tackle shop, leave an extra $5 to be applied to the next customer's purchase. Just a thought.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts