BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just saw a report on global about how the BC government approved the dumping of the contaminated material from the old Brittania mine into the middle of Howe sound. I just could not believe that they would actually approve this. I wonder what this will do to the fish that are heading to and from the Squamish area.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Considering that there is thirty feet of dioxin laiden sludge on the bottom of upper Howe Sound spewed out by the two pulp mills, it probablely makes no differance. And to be even more devil advicat, if the contaminated soil had been left since 1991 in heeps, as it look on TV, with nothing to keep the rain off it or decontamiate the run off then the deed is most likely done. Most of the metal would have been leach out by the rain and are already in the ocean.
Brittania Beach, once renounned as the spot that wins derbies... anyone fish there now? I wonder if it wasn't the metal ions in the water that brought fish to it like a balck box does?
Obvioulsy, I've eaten too many paint chips.
Have fun, Jason

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.