BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
I would have to say you really have to get lucky at this point in the season. Everyone is hoping the fish are late but dreadfully they just didn't make it back. The run this year is extremely poor. We are all hoping that the last half of the season returns to what we are used to on this system. Let's hope and pray that it happens but so far it hasn't. One of our Forum members is over there right now so let's hope he's having a good one!

Hotrod

·
Registered
64 Posts
This update certainly isn't offering much hope!!!!

Fished from the Gun Club up to and beyond the Bucket. Total of 11 guys in the area during my time on the River (8:45-13:00) plus two of Murphy's boats. Looked llike Rollie and Matt were out today.

Did not turn a fish and did not see anyone else hook-up. Went over to the Sproat and little action above the Falls. Then went up above the Fish Hatchery on the Ash Road. Saw three fish under the bridge but that was about it. Met a guy on the bridge who fished the Paper Mill pool in the AM and SAW one fish...no hook-ups.

So, maybe soon but who knows. Off to California until the end of March to play some golf and fish for Stripers around Hemet. Maybe the Stripers have left Diamond Valley Lake...anything seems possible this year. Will put in 3-4 days in Forks, WA on the way home. Somewhere there must be fish. Looking forward to hitting the Pro Bass shop as well...get stocked up for something!!!!

Enjoy.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Oh man! That's just painful for me. I'm in total awe as to the zero numbers of fish in that system.

Hotrod

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
The river is as low as I've ever seen it in winter, and cold. The jets cannot climb above The Bucket, nor above Seton Park on the little flow. Damn few fish anywhere throughout the system, only a small handfull of pincushions up at the Falls.
Seals have taken up residence in the area from Papermill down to the bridge, and many of the few steelhead to hand bear obvious signs of attack.
Most dismal year in a great many. Sucks!!

Hit it yesterday, went 2 for 3, but had to hike over 7 miles to do so. Hoping beyond hope they show soon!!!

Nog

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.