BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Arrived at 2pm to see around 24 vehicles in the tall-grass parking lot. The main area was pretty crowded, but it's easy to hike downriver and find plenty of space. Passed a couple leaving with a nice Sockeye. Fished until 8pm. I got skunked. I saw seven big Chinooks surface in the middle of the river during 6hrs. Some smaller fish surfaced five times 30' from shore. I do want to thank those of you that gave me good advice towards setting up my bar fishing rig. Now my leader and spin'n'glo don't get all wound up from line twist. The blackberries are ripe and tasty. A small deer came down to the river and drank some water. I stood very still with my camera so it eventually was only 15 meters away. Nice day.

· Registered
1,349 Posts
fished laidlaw from about 3:30 untill seven this evening.......brutally slow......saw only two socks taken ....one about 6:00 and one about 6:30......the fish counter said he only counted 4 fish for the whole afternoon.....supposedly there were some fish in the early morning......pretty depressing today.......there is a bear in the area.....spotted today and last week......probably the same bear that tore out the window in my truck same time last year to get my lunch......i take my lunch with me now

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.