BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:?: Does anyone know where the data is retrieved for the meter above Slesse Creek....I have used this a a guide for my trips to the river over the years and it quit issuing data on Feb. 10th. I realize there is another at Vedder crossing but you have to know the flow to understand the readings...Just wondering who monitors these?........Ortho :?:

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
I also use that meter Ortho, and I think its set up by the hatchery, but I can't be sure....the reason it's not producing a graph for us, I think anyways, is because the water is so low, it drops below 1.000 M and no longer registers, I've seen it do this before, as soon as there's a good rain and the water comes up- Bingo! We gotta Graph!
Hope that helps,
Rib :D

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hope so. I can tell just by dialing up that site exactly what areas are fishable as I have been charting for a long time and sometimes it is raining here in the city, but not in the valley etc.....I just check out the site and know where I am going to fish whether the water is low or high....The lower graph at the crossing has a whole different set of numbers......Ortho

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
I know exactly what you mean, I use the same method to prepare for my trips out....soon the rains will come, next week should be a good week upriver I think after some rain.....the graph will be back!!!! :D

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Everything is back!! Yipee!............Now I can watch the river rise when the snow melts....Exciting eh?..........LOL........... :lol: :lol: 8) Ortho

·
Registered
648 Posts
hey ortho,
how are we going to get that damn snow to melt fast enuff? pleez, just one good day of rain out there would spread those fish like Sharon Stone's... and, it would screw them damn snaggers, you'd actually have to have a little ABILITY to catch them!

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good one, man.........I don't know. Some guys like fishing in a fishbowl, I guess! Pray for rain!....Ortho............Hey Ogobogo..how did you make out, up island?

·
Registered
648 Posts
went over a couple of weeks ago with a bunch of guys. went a day early to fish a couple of small streams, and got talked into fishing the Stamp for an extra day with Rolley. REAL slow. fished the upper river with jigs and plugs the next day, Knocked em dead, well, in a manner of speaking! bought a 91/2 ft spincast to drift jigs under my cute little plastic bobber, can't wait to hit the Vedder, maybe this week. Saw a pic of a 22 lb'er that Ken Myers pulled out of a small river near Clayqout. I WILL fish those small streams some day, maybe next year!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts