BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those who may have the same problem, power trim not working, I have found a way to bipass it. On my Yamaha Pro 50hp there is a screw hole on the trim unit that is quite deep. That screw seals and un-seals the hydrolic arm. Opening it up allows you to move the arm up and down, though, it not very easy. So I can loosen it off and either put it up or down (best trim for my boat anyhow) then titen the screw and the engine won't go anywhere. I'm only using this cause the hydrolic motor is busted and I don't have the money for an new engine or to get it fixed.
Anyhow, I'm on the water again.
:happy:
Have fun, Jason

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
I would love to get a power trim, oh how that would be sweet! Roscoe, if he still has it in a little while I might just be inclined to pick it up from him. I'll let you know.

BigJay, anything to get back out on the water! Too bad you don't have the power anymore, but really how much do you need it! If the motor goes you are one up on a lot of people!

·
Registered
92 Posts
I picked up a second hand power trim two years ago for 1989 100-hp merc - -those unit are pretty rare to find good used as they always crap out.

I'm sure you can find a Yamaha unit for less.

Try searching the 'Net for power trim motors. I recall finding awsome deals in Eastern US. Our dollar is good now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.