BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i get it now. honestly. i really do get it. why we stand in the rain/sleet /snow. why we hike all over hell's half acre. All those hours learning to read the water, learning the lures, the presentations and then searching all the pockets,riffles and tail-outs. i've caught a couple steelies this year, nice sizers 7-9lbs. but today w/ the wife and the dog as my witnesses I truely get it. it took a 15-18lbs buck (wife thinks bigger) w/ a big red stipe down his side for me to finally get it. but i do. if I can get the images off the phone I'll post them. I'm gobsmacked really.never thought i'd get one the size you see in magazines but...... now i get it. :D ;D 8) big thanks to all those who've posted the hints. not many have come out and said this is how and now I get it. it's the learning curve and the search that make the end result that much more rewarding. thanks again
theweev

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
Congrats Weev! That's awesome...show us some pics of your latest victims, what'd you get em on? get those images...I've been skunked the last couple of trips and am dying to even lay my eyes on some steel.... ;)

·
Registered
736 Posts
Awesome job man, congrats. Feel great when you get to shake hands with a beast doesn't it? ;D ;D You won't forget that one. ;)

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yup that worked. Sorry the pics are small and dirty. my camera phone is a little old.for perspective, i'm 6'1" 225lbs. I make most things look a little small and my hand measuring from tip of thumb to tip of pinkie across the palm is 9 1/2". and the portion of my hand that you see in the pic below , from finger under the gill to wrist is 7". I figure it was 30-34" fish.

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
last one. didn't like the kiss me thinks. :-*

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ribwart said:
Congrats Weev! That's awesome...show us some pics of your latest victims, what'd you get em on? get those images...I've been skunked the last couple of trips and am dying to even lay my eyes on some steel.... ;)
sorry to hear you've been skunked rib. BIG roe bag hot pink. FYI where we met in the fall. far side. in the tailout. ;)

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Nice fish, from what we can see of it ;) ;D

Thats why I invested in a waterproof camera, worth every penny, you'll never miss out on that pic with the giant fishies! Even then a good ziploc bag will keep our regular digi camera dry, even if you go swimming. Right Rib ;) ::)

Those big buggers catch you surprise don't they? Good job on the steel!

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Nice job on that hog and welcome to the club!! You'll be a man possesed now!

Hotrod

1 - 16 of 16 Posts