BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been tying on a Regal knockoff for a few months now, but always knew I wanted something better...now I'm the proud owner of a Renzetti Traveller :thumbup:

Paid $165, no tax, brand new in the box. I can't WAIT to tie on this when I get home. When I've tied a few flies I'll write a review on it. The family is headed to Lake Louise the first two weeks of Aug and I plan on doing a couple of days on the Bow River so I'll be tying a LOT while I'm gone.

I'm like a kid in a candy store I'm so excited :happy:

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
did you buy a pedestal for it also? or did it come with one? I tye with a pedestal on mine makes life ALOT easier :thumbup: nice vise I cant wait to buy a really nice one myself

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
HOOK said:
did you buy a pedestal for it also? or did it come with one? I tye with a pedestal on mine makes life ALOT easier :thumbup: nice vise I cant wait to buy a really nice one myself
It didn't come with a pedestal but I have one at home. I just saw a Traveller on eBay yesterday; never used, in the box and it went for $125. Keep your eyes open, they're around.

·
Registered
886 Posts
I have had my Renzetti now for 10 years and not one problem. :thumbup: I never leave home without it when traveling to my fly fishing destination for a prolonged period of time. You will enjoy that vise for an eternity Warrior. :cheers: sage

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
HOOK said:
There's a Traveler listed on ebay with 6 days left.

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
I got this Griffin Mongoose for my birthday in April:

I can't imagine tying without the rotary feature. I find that ribbing is much tidier, dubbing goes on smoother and tapering bodies is a lot easier and better looking. Best of all, you see all sides of the fly as you are applying materials. I have found that I don't like tying on a pedestal as much as prior, the rotation of the vise seems to make the pedestal wander a bit. Small price to pay.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I've always seemed to have a problem with the pedistal type vices. I guess I'm putting too much pressure on the fly when wrapping. I've tried backing off a bit, but then the bodies don't seem to be as tight & nice. Any suggestions? :hmmm:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.