BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Steelhead season is almost here.....I wish!

Before it does finally come I would like to get a new rod built! I’m looking into who is the preferred builder our there, any suggestions? I would really like to hear from those that have gone through the process and hear what they liked and didn't like and what they would have changed if they were to do it again!

My last and only rod that I had built was not a pleasant experience. The guy was a jerk and he built it his way and I hated it from the day I got it. I now know what I want and how I want it, I just don’t know who can build it so that I’m happy. I’m looking for the Bill Bowerman of building rods. If you can help please let me know.

Cohopk

·
Registered
124 Posts
PM me and I will give you a guys name. As long as you dont mind a wait.

I started building rods this year myself. In the past I couldnt find someone that would build it the way "I" wanted it built, and they would also add THEIR own touch....this just pissed me off. I looked for someone in BC a couple months back and the wait was WAY tooooooo long. So I decided to do it myself.

What do you want built? What is your budget? There are a pile of excellent components out there today for custom rods.

·
Registered
736 Posts
I had one Built by Russ from Stryker Rod and Reels. You get a say in every aspect of the rod and I love mine. The Blanks are Rainshadows, which I was iffy about, but asked a lot of questions and did some reasearch, then tried it out. Gotta say, for me it is the perfect rod. I would say he is worth checking out. ;)

·
Registered
455 Posts
I guess it all depends on what type of fishing you do or witch river you are on. For example on the Vedder I like to use a 10.5' or 11.' rod because often I am casting from a river bank that has lots of vegitation on it and with a longer rod gives me more control of my presentation.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Terry at reaction in Abbotsford built mine, and it is top quality. ;)

And I am a picky person. Workmanship is great. :eek:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.