BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found this site a few days ago . And am most pleased with the info I've gotten by reading the discussion forums . Since I was a teen, I have only fished salt water. I used to work in Rivers Inlet & Hakai Pass.(yes I was spoiled) Only in the last two years have I purchased a couple fly rods and a pontoon. (I am hooked) I have just purchased a motorhome and am planning a three month road trip from the lower mainland to Kitimat! (spoiled some more)I would love any info on the interior lakes ! Anybody know a quiet spot a fella can catch some Trout and set up camp for a couple weeks? :peace:

· Registered
5,163 Posts
Hey Hakai, welcome to the forum! There is lots of great info posted from members on fly fishing and pontoons plus almost anything fishing related. BCFR has a great section on reports for lakes, rivers and streams throughout BC. Once you have reached the 20 post mark the other half of the site opens up! Its a great resource for all anglers, enjoy. :beerchug:

:cheers: Rick

· Registered
232 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I always make it up to whitetail lake in the east Kootenays. In this are there are many lakes to fish with beautiful camping spots. There are also a lot of great river systems to fish up there. Talk to the local fisherman or tackle shops about local hot spots. I also fish the Bull river every couple of years, it is rugged country that can be hard to access but is well worth the effort when you find your little piece of heaven!!( I have pulled some BIG trout out of some of those pools!!)

· Registered
100 Posts
There are apparently over 1000 fishable lakes within an hour of 100 Mile House. Start on Hwy 24 and move north. The motorhome will get you into most lakes. As you get bored, move through the Chilcotin by hanging left at Williams Lake. You can fish a different lake every day for 3 months and then hit some classified waters near Bella Coola. Happy fishing!

· Registered
1,519 Posts
I think that's everyone's happy place but we are all not quite there yet but soon enough! Take lots of pics and let us know what it's like to win the
lotto super 7! ;D

Welcome to the forum!

Hotrod

· Registered
25 Posts
Hyw 24. Lots of lakes that fit your bill. Go to the big map at the Interlakes store ( half way on hwy 24) throw a dart at the map and go to the nearest lake. Proceed to fish your ass off. Sheraton Lake is one of the big favorites but a bit busy, Lots and lots of smaller lakes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.