BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
you not only have to have big ones to do that, you also have to have nothing upstairs to make those moves. could you imagine what that fisherman was thinking when he seen this guy coming at him full tilt. idiot.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I think thats the same river that Glen Slather had his boat turn turtle on him and almost killed him. These guys are not fishermen they are hardcore racers. You should see some of the test video the guys from Ali-Craft up in P.G have.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Those units are 17 or 16 feet with 200 opti or 240 SJ units in them with two racing seats and that is it. 3/8 to 1/2 center aluminum with 1/4" wings with 1/4" QT100 steel keel caps with some teflon on the bow to pop it up in hard climbs. Those units are quite quick (up to 60 mph in a stepped hull) with a 12 to 14 degree bottom believe it or not! They draft quite a bit compared to the flat bottoms at a stand still but at speed they are so light and built to lift quite high once moving. Up there they use them like quads...go where ever and pull them out when stuck. :thumbup: :happy:

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Whoa!. :eek:........Fun, but very risky!.....I am sure the scouting mission told them there was a bit more water in a few spots......Hey cascademarine..........I think I could use the clean team for my motorcycle...Do I have to come to your shop, or do they do "house calls"?.... ;D....Ortho 8)

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
Wild ride for sure but is it not easier going up stream or is it the thrill of being able to cover
more water and go faster coming down? ....Remembering the sprint jets the ralley in the channels
I'm thinking the rollbar and helmets weren't such a bad idea... :happy:

:beerchug: Marko

·
Registered
587 Posts
all in house I'm afraid...my big feathered hat is in the shop so they won't be making house calls any time soon :cheers:

·
Registered
587 Posts
any time...coffee is always on!....if your lucky maybe a ride along! :thumbup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.