BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I had an absolutely great day on the frozen pond today. got to the lake around 9am and things started out slow, for an hour and a half nothing. around ten thirty eleven got into a couple of fish around 12-14 inches using red worms and a yellow marabou jig. I decided to switch it to a white marabou jig with flash and cooked shrimp. it was after that the flood gates opened and i was into a fish every 10 minutes or so for two and a half hours. I drilled twelve holes so after i would get one fish i would move to the next. got my biggest rainbow of the year today at whopping twenty-six inches :happy:. it was a bit of a struggle to get him out through the hole, most fish were in the 15-18 inch range. the two i took home were 26 and 22 inches respectively. havent done a batch of rainbow trout in the smoker so these will be my test subjects. if ice fishing a lake with good size fish in it i would suggest using braided line. i would have lost my larger fish today without it. by far my best day of trout fishing this year for fish of size. got into about a dozen fish, all rainbows (was hoping for some brookies today) not bad for my first ice fishing expedition of the year. ive got pics but my cord for my camera is at home in whistler. sorry for not giving up my spot but this is more of a report for anyone wondering whether the ice fishing season has begun, it has in a very good way. :thumbup: :thumbup:

tight lines
derek

· Registered
120 Posts
we all make mistakes........just as long as you don't repeat them, its all good :drunk:

Im itchin to get out ice fishin for some Burbot & brookies around here (PG), but it just wont quit snowing (I plow snow)........making huge money, just cant enjoy it :'(

How much ice you guys got? Been told theres around 4" here (varies from lake to lake though).......would like it to be about twice that, especially when fishin in 100ft of water.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.