BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to Kamloops this winter and am wondering if there is a web site to check when the ice starts to come off the lakes, or if it's a drive and find out myself??
any help or info would be great, maps would also be great thanks.

·
Premium Member
4,449 Posts
Well, your thread would be a great start for all us other angelrs in the Thompson Nicola Region to use to post our ice off discoveries! Here in the Kelowna area, not much available unless you want big water. Still a few weeks away yet but I'm sure it's any day now for the Thompson area lakes?

·
Registered
35 Posts
In my years experience, area lakes usually become fishable in the first couple weeks in April. Only in odd cases whent the weather is real warm in February do we get lucky in March. Some area lakes open April 1st, the rest open May 1st.

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
in the weeds said:
I'm new to Kamloops this winter and am wondering if there is a web site to check when the ice starts to come off the lakes, or if it's a drive and find out myself??
any help or info would be great, maps would also be great thanks.
in the weeds - you are in Kamloops? take a short drive to Edith or Jocko. Pop over to Kamloops Fly Shop and talk to the guys there. By all means post here and let those of us not fortunate to live in the heart of rainbow lakes know what the situation is like. I'm going nuts down heere just waiting. Thanks.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Just giving everyone a report as April 1st is right around the corner. All the lower lakes still have ice on them as of yesterday. Temps are still around freezing at night, when will it end??!!!! Opening day might not be.

·
Premium Member
4,449 Posts
That first trip of the year is always filled with great anticipation.
You know it Fish Finder! Trying to figure out when our favorite stillwater turns over is the key to early angling success and then all you need is to find the correct depth, color and size and it's chironomid fever and fish after fish! I can't wait!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I was just up on the fishing highway (hwy. 24) on the weekend and there was still ice on the lakes. There was some water starting to pool on the ice though, which means that it shouldn't be to long now!! Here is a picture od Lac Des Roche Lake
as of Sunday the 25th of march.

[attachment deleted by admin]

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.