BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Taking my kids up to Idabel for a week next week. Has anyone been to this lake lately or heard anything about it?
Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

·
Registered
66 Posts
idabel or isobel?

if you meant isobel there are some MASSIVE fish in there. all triploids so all of their energy goes into growing. went there to check it out and saw a bunch of people pulling out atleast 6+ pounders outa there. they were trolling around the little sunken island. Not a good lake for swimming...cause the leaches in there are about 4-8 inches long. so i'd troll with a brown leach, #6 or 8 even a #4 if you have one. anyways, tight lines... and Good luck, hope you have a blast with the wee ones.

·
Retired Administrator
4,448 Posts
If you're talking about Idabel Lake near Kelowna then it provides fair fishing in the summer and really good fishing in the spring and fall for rainbows and eastern brook trout (char). Try tolling a red or black Doc Spratley first on an intermediate sinking line on the north side of the lake near the middle or a shrimp pattern. Most of the fish I have caught there average about 12 inches.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Big Green

heading up today for a week......some quality time with my rod and reel....oops I mean wife and kids.
Just tackled up the 2 year old, should be fun!
I will let you know how it went when I return.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great spot

Idabel lake is..
Nice rainbow and brooky fishery, small 12-14 inches but plentiful, a great spot for the kids.
Thanks Big green for the tips but they were pretty much biting on everything we threw at them though the Spratleys and shrimp patterns were the kings.
The kids were catching crawfish off the dock which made for a nice appetizer and we kept and ate a few larger ones over the week.
Cheers and keep your tip up!

·
Retired Administrator
4,448 Posts
That's great news! I have not had a chance to fish up there this summer but I'll take the kids in a week or two. Next time your up there drop me a line and I'll tell you about a couple of leaks nearby that you'll want to try for bigger fish!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Idabel

I will definately do that Big Green.
We did go down the road to the reservoir but skunked on the one side so my oldest tried the little pond on the other side and caught and released about 6, 12 inchers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts