BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please re-classify if this is in the wrong section:

Yesterday afternoon I decided to hit 6 Mile Lake after a cold morning at Tunkwa. The conditions were perfect, sunny, about 20 degrees, light wind and ripple on the water. 3 other fisherman on the lake, fish were active. While fishing I noticed a variety of several ducks and birds along the weedbeds and shoreline of the lake, minding there own business likely enjoying the warm day like me.

Then I observed a new black Dodge Ram roaring down the road from Morgan Lake towards 6 Mile. I could tell right away this guy was in the mood to drive his truck like it was stolen (maybe it was). Instead of taking the road that goes above the lake he preceded to drive down to the shoreline, floored all way, and wipe out an entire section of weed growth in the lake along with it likely bird nests and habitat for ducks and fish. He had the truck right in the lake and was pushing water with his bumper. He continued to another part of the lake shore and did ther same nearly getting stuck in the process. He then turned around by a couple of parked vehicles, floored it, surely spraying gravel on the vehicles, thankfully not mine and did the same thing again. He then burned out of the area. I tired to get his license plate because I would have had no issues reporting him to conservation but I could not read it. I am not sure if he were camped at Morgan or even a fisherman for that matter. Safe to say the various bird life were scrambling for their lives!!! Good to see there are still idiots out there like this :mad: :mad:

I took a drive to Morgan before deciding on 6 Mile and saw a variety of empty beer cans scattered throughout the area and various othere garbage blowing around. I believe these lakes are on private land and would not fault the owner if the place was shut down!!

At the end of the day it will be the responsible fishermen that pay for acts of stupidity like this when these areas get shutdown. I saw the same at Jacko last week and decided to clean it up as I know that lake has been topic of hot debate with the land owner over the years. How hard is it to clean up after yourself?????

Just my 2 cents. I know 99% of the people that use these areas are responsible but it is the 1% that ruin everything!!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Man that is frustrating. I can't imagine how it effected those of you on the lake, I know it would have killed my PFA (Positive Fishing Attitude).

I sure hope it is less than 1%....

Hope the rest of spring fishing days are made of a great experiences.

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
would have almost been better if the moron got stuck dont you think. would have been a sort of justice. and i would bet its alot higher than 1% probably closer to 5% maybe even 10% I hate the fact that we have jackasses like that around destroying things for the more responsible of us.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Cyrus said:
I tired to get his license plate because I would have had no issues reporting him to conservation but I could not read it.
Even a general description of the truck would have sufficed; make & model, year, color, distinguishing features (ie: big ass mudder tires and high mounted fog lamps)...anything you can give them is better than nothing.

you might still want to give them a call. Maybe he's an habitual offender; in which case they can use this as more evidence against him/her/them/it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
YOU SHOULDA SEEN what the IDIOT did at morgan lake me and my 2 other freinds were out in the boat fishing and here that same truck come it was a black dodge ram the newer ones with the new grills and a crew cab and there was lots of passengers in the truck.. almost full of people. HE COMES ROARING INTO THE BOAT LAUNCH on the 6 mile lake SIDE and makes a HUGE WAVE which covers the whole truck and does it again another 10 times going about 3 and a half feet into the lake!! COULDENT BEILIEVE the ARSHOLE and then he sprayed rocks up at a blue toyota parked by the launch!! what a idiot i couldnt beleieve it.. Supposedly he got water all inside the interior of the truck and lost his front licence plate. ANyways hows the fishing been goin up at 6 mile and morgan so far???

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah same guy, recall he had no front plate. I was hoping he would flood his engine....or get stuck....I am sure no one would have put up there hands to help him!! looked like a younger kid, maybe took daddy's truck for a test drive, as it was obvious he had no respect for the vehicle. If he would of sprayed rocks at my truck I would of lost my mind >:D >:D >:D

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Obviously this guy is a repeat offender but there's a clue....no front plate. From the sounds of it, he lost it in Morgan Lake, which is where the cops/co can start looking!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I HAVE SPENT TIME AT 6 MILE AND MORGAN, SEEN THIS CLOWN A FEW TIMESA, NOW THAT I READ THIS IT MAKES ME SICK, THERES A HUGE POPULATION OD TURTLES THERE AS WELL, WHAT ABOUT THEM AND THE FISH AS WELL, THIS GUY NEEDS SOME SELF JUSTICE :pissed: NAYONE HEARD OF INSKIP OR FISHED IT????

·
Registered
334 Posts
fishingismylife said:
I HAVE SPENT TIME AT 6 MILE AND MORGAN, SEEN THIS CLOWN A FEW TIMESA, NOW THAT I READ THIS IT MAKES ME SICK, THERES A HUGE POPULATION OD TURTLES THERE AS WELL, WHAT ABOUT THEM AND THE FISH AS WELL, THIS GUY NEEDS SOME SELF JUSTICE :pissed: NAYONE HEARD OF INSKIP OR FISHED IT????
Uhh, you might want to turn the caps lock off. It seems like yer yelling. O0

·
Registered
21 Posts
That would get me steamin!!! In addition to a call in to the conservation office I would file a report with the RCMP. Maybe others have! Too bad you couldn't get the plate. But if this has happened a number of times I hope somebody files a complaint!

It's tough tryin not to let crap like that ruin a day.

Hopefully it wasn't ruined completely.

·
Registered
517 Posts
markst said:
That would get me steamin!!! In addition to a call in to the conservation office I would file a report with the RCMP. Maybe others have! Too bad you couldn't get the plate. But if this has happened a number of times I hope somebody files a complaint!

It's tough tryin not to let crap like that ruin a day.

Hopefully it wasn't ruined completely.
Indeed, I am sure this will happen again(unfortunately), which HOWEVER increases our chances of getting that plate!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.