BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm looking for someone to give me some opinions here...

I have 2 weeks, an 18ft CC boat, and want to go somewhere amazing to fish.

I regularly fish out of Vancouver and over to the gulf islands, and even trailer my boat over to WCVI...

I just noticed I can ferry all the way up to the QC Islands. ...

If you had your way, and 2 weeks to spend fishing however you wanted, where would you go within BC? I'd prefer not to drive all that much (but a day or two on a ferry isn't a big deal) Anyone who's done something like this that would like to share their experiences would be appreciated!

Thanks!

·
Registered
111 Posts
if you're looking for simply amazing fishing for big springs, the T10 will light up in the next week or so and you won't have to drive at all.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Sounds like you have done enough fishing you shouldn't have to ask. LOL. WCVI is hot fishing. They Alberni Sockeye run has been upgraded to 1.1 million and still going strong. Stamp river springs are starting to show up on the inside. They outside banks are on fire......

·
Registered
266 Posts
Oh man too many choices, what to do. I think a general rule would be that the further north you go the better it gets, but it would be hard to get better than WCVI right now though. Probably a good bet to go visit Bret, but I bet if you left the boat at home and went with him for 3 to 4 days it would be cheaper ( did you check out the ferry fare ) and he'd put you on some fish. A lot of my choices start with where will you stay, camp?, hotel? If I could find a room in Kyoukut village and fish out of there that would be great, weather permitting. Critter Cove in Nootka sound would be a good place to fish out of too, lots of inside along with the Bajo reef outside.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I had some friends go to the QCI but they drove to Prince Rupert and ferried across.
The best fishing,a great adventure, and something not to forget. I say you can fish
here anytime but to go there is a adventure. They brought a small freezer with them
and vac sealer to bring fish home.

·
Registered
572 Posts
There have been four fish over 60 landed this week last report was one at 81 today, and if that weight is true I was only about a 100 ft away when it was hooked up, luck of the draw I guess...

Bret

1 - 9 of 9 Posts