BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We hit 2 un-mentionables yesterday with three fish rolled on the first..... then the next small WCVI stream for nuthin. Then at about 3:30 we arrived at the Cowichan for a couple last light casts. I was below my buddy when he rolled one, a nice one in fact, bout twelve, a short display of power and gone.....
I got to where he was and bang fish on....even nicer... minimum 15lb... cartwheeled down the river, no holding on, made a mockery of cracker
Then he hooked up again....ready with the W30..... rolled tape....then we thought it was a trout....... then.................. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
2,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
kingpin said:
well i have steelheaded ALOT and ive never hooked a rock because i fish properly.. short floating..
there isnt water 20ft deep on my rivers though
LOL man..... you can short float on the cow all you want grasshopper. Gimme a break. An hour fishin we rolled 2, I know a lot of guys that have put a lot of hours there an not done nuthin. Sometime ya just gotta know how to fish I guess

CK you can mod this at anytime :happy:

Does that get me a refferal????

·
Premium Member
2,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ill put some info on this, sorry king if I sounded choked... :cheers: Short floating is not NOT fishing properly..... while fishin salmon it would probably be the most ethical. We have a lot of situations over here (you proably too ;))float fishing is just not practical...
The fishin has been pretty slow at the Cow and for the hour we had we werent expecting much
We were float fishing that back side behind my buddy (see the shallow rocks behind him), below that it drops in a deep pool. My bud took the float off so his gear could drop into the deep spot and he started picking them off.... Many guys would call 2 fish a day there a good one, we got lucky I guess but still it was an hour.

Maybe he flossed them?..... I dont think so. :cheers:

Ill try to get some vid up of the spey fish on one of the unmentionable rivers up from that day..... rolled three there on the micro egg.... good thing we werent fishin properly ::) would have never got them ;)

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
kingpin said:
well i have steelheaded ALOT and Ive never hooked a rock because i fish properly.. short floating..
there isn't water 20ft deep on my rivers though
How come nothing positive ever comes off you fingers, always negative and always criticizing. I'm not sure about everyone else but I have almost had enough! I don't know how many times I have said USE YOUR PM, that is way it is there. If you cant control your self I will make so you no longer can post again.

·
Registered
901 Posts
understood ricky.. wasn't trying to be negative just stating its never happened to me as i keep my presentation well of the bottom...

FA, most situations where i fish, float fishing is best.. the other times i will throw a spoon.. there are a few holes where you could drift fish and do well because it is too deep. but like i said where i fish its perfect for float fishing and short floating is the proper way to fish.. some guys might take your head off for drift fishing in places like the vedder but if done proper it can be deadly.. i would like to hear about your techniques in the deeper holes, perhaps you could elaborate on your set up? weight, leader and bait depending on conditions? thanks

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Kingpin, There is a definite undercurrent in your post that "I ALWAYS FISH PROPERLY", this has never happened to me, because "I'm always off the bottom". Your post reeks of implying Fishaholic had success through illegal means...The humour in his post as well as the post from Hook, has been grossly overshadowed
by your seemingly holier than thou attitude....Your response to the owner of this site has more holes in it than swiss cheese!......Ortho 8)

·
Registered
956 Posts
Kingpin,

I am not wanting to derail this thread, however I feel that my :2cents: needs to be expressed for what it's worth....

There very much so has been a general overtone to many posts that you have made, that you are an angling pillar in society. I am not saying that you are not knowledgeable in your approach to angling, nor is anyone else for that matter (I don't think :confused: ). I think that you could possibly have a lot of useful information that lesser experienced fisherman could use, if you wished to convey it in a way that wasn't so demeaning. However, if you continue to offer your information to people in such a way that it comes across condescending, I can confidently say no one wants to hear it under those terms. :(

I know that you have a beef with certain members of BCFR for your own personal reasons, your posts reflect it at times. All we ask (members), is that you refrain from your spontaneous juvenile jabs. Jabs that are seemingly meaningless, other than for reasons to tear others down and somehow build yourself up through doing so. We all like to joke and most of us have a fun sense of humor, but continuing to go for the jugular over and over will do nothing constructive, but smear blood everywhere. This isn't the place for any unnecessary blood shed, I'm sure most would agree.

:cheers:

·
Registered
455 Posts
I watched a gentleman bar fishing for springs fight a tree going down the river in his boat! :happy: :happy:I think him and his buddy were in the sun too long and maybe had too many :drunk:. It was quite the sight :happy:

·
Registered
956 Posts
Salmonator said:
I watched a gentleman bar fishing for springs fight a tree going down the river in his boat! :happy: :happy:I think him and his buddy were in the sun too long and maybe had too many :drunk:. It was quite the sight :happy:
Salmonator,

you just reminded me of a very similar thing that happened to me many years ago. Looking back, it is pretty damn funny, a little embarrassing as well. ;)

We were fishing over on the Olympic Peninsula, bar fishing a rising river, for steelhead. It was a horrible day weather wise so we decided to sit in the camper all day and drink booze to stay warm. :drunk: Well, I think it was about 4:20 in the afternoon one too many times on our watches when all of a sudden, my bell starts ringing like crazy and starts to pull the rod holder out of the rocks. We jump out of the camper, I grab the rod and my father-in-law, at that time, proceeds to run down the beach yelling "FISH-ON" and clearing the beach. We know for certain that this is a monster native steelie as it is just peeling line, non-stop and I am getting no where with him. I would gain some ground, then a few head shakes he would take some more line. (repeat for about 20 minutes).

Finally after about 20 minutes and a bank of about 15-20 people standing and waiting to see this BEAST of a fish, I casually pulled in this big, monster of a native 8 foot long, branch of an evergreen tree.

Man that was embarrassing. Every time it would hit the undercurrent just right it would feel identical to a big head shake. No really, I swear it did. ;)

I think it was shortly after that trip I decided it was time to sober up.

;)

·
Registered
901 Posts
i think you guys are missing the meaning in my post.. i just said its never happened to me because of the style i i fish... i like to be far off away from the bottom.. not that i dont occasionly hang up on bottom because of depth change etc.. but there was no shot at FA.. its just never happened to me thats all and i didnt suggest he was using illegitimate methods...

·
Registered
901 Posts
i never even thought to question his fishing tactics.. i simply stated my experiences and then im jumped on and my post is twisted and suddenly im accusing the guy of fishing illegally..
if anyone has a problem with my post for some reason feel free to pm me and ill gladly beak you there.
thanks, KP

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
well just so you i dont get jumped on I was float fishing and the reason for getting my rock was because i cast too close to the opposite shoreline and inturn recieved my first hook caught and landed Vedder rockhead :happy:

·
Premium Member
2,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hope you realeased it hook, I couldnt find anything in the regs about them???

Implying that I was illegally fishing I did not see, or thought. I wasnt (nor my buddy in the vid) We were not fishin unethically but more fishing "effectively". To say you fish "properly" was the funniest thing I saw all day. I would like to see you "properly" fish a spinner (and float), a corky, or a spin n glo short floating?. Different situations require different techniques. Bait, pink worms, single eggs or gooey bobs short floating is they way to go because you get a far better more natural dift. Hard to short float in rapids slot fishin as well as the water churns too much and youll run your gear through the whole (8-10ft) slot with your bait 4 inches from the surface. We dont get to fling guts everywhere over here and have to imply more often than not everything in the arsenal to get something to snap. Gunna be harder fishin for ya if this water keeps getting lower and colder. Theyll bunch up way down in the deeper pools with their chins in the gravel and not really willing to move.
No harm no foul KP that post just reaked of a guy that needs to put a few more hours under his belt ;)

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.