BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm new to fishing (still a teenager) and I'm in need of a little help.

I've found the rod I wanted and just purchased a license, but I have no idea where to fish! I was hoping some of you could recommend places that you go to, or if you know of any places that fit my criteria :)

I take transit/skytrain everywhere, so I don't think I'll be able to go far... just looking for local areas around the Lower Mainland (Vancouver, Burnaby, Richmond & Surrey.. maybe White Rock)

Could you also provide the names of the fish that I can catch there as well as bait recommendations? I would love to hear freshwater areas as well!

Thank you so much for your time :) Bare with me!

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You guys are awesome! I wasn't expecting such informative replies, heh. Thanks! :)

MichaelR, your reply was perfect! lots of info ;D, but could you please explain to me what bar fishing is? I google'd it and it came off to me as regular fishing but for salmon? Sorry, still not familiar with all the terms :eek:

I was walking around Canada Place and noticed the Burrard Inlet... do you guys know what kinds of fish I can catch there? Also if anybody could tell me what kinds of fish I could get at these areas:

Stanley Park
Crescent Beach Pier @ White Rock
Steveston Village Piers
Annacis Island? I don't know how big this island is nor is google being friendly :( so any info would be nice!

I've already read threads about Ambleside, Waterfront & English Bay...supposedly empty right? :wallbash:

Big thanks marko, TheBigGuy & MichaelR!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.