BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got my comp working again so here goes my last 3 days of fishing.... Got my boat in ship shape and decided to test her out saturday eve. Brought my 6 mo old lab with me ;D Only fished an hour or so but saw lots of sturgeon rising. No reel action for me though.

Sunday morning checked the weather report at 6am and :'( By 8 o-clock I decided to gear up and go get rained on anyway. I stuck it out until about 3pm and did get a few decent bites but every time I took my rod out .....nothing.

So today I decide to take the boat up river and try my luck at the mouth of the vedder. Much less coarse fish stealing my roe but by the end of the day I would have welcomed a few taps from anything :p I did get one solid strike at around 5pm but it was very quick and nothing followed. Saw many more boats up there even on a monday. One landed a good size sturgie. Didn't see or hear of anyone getting salmon though.

However fish or not it has been pretty nice to spend so many hours on the river these past 3 days and I'm right at the start of my
2 week holiday :happy: I plan to keep at it till I get one.... maybe I'll try trolling next time :cheers:

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
August 27 tried dragging spoons on the upper fraser from 4-8pm. Got a nice jack at 5:30 ;D And lost it about 10 feet from the boat :wallbash:
that was my only fish for the evening but that's more success than I've had lately. Just wish the rain would go away so I can get back at it :peace:

Salmon Slayer

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.