BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning on installing two 30 gal permanent (below deck) fuel tanks this winter in my 18ft aluminum.

Any advise on weight distribution etc

I've been looking at the ones from Cabella's but does anyone know a local manufacturer/supplier of plastic (PVC?) tanks.

· Registered
1,386 Posts
Most marine stores supply these tanks,u8suallly for a decent price. Check out westmarine.com ; stevestonmarine.com ; pocomarine.com etc...

As for weight distribution you should be fine if you install one on either side of the boat or both inline down the centre.

· Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Steelie:
I havn't (but shoulda) checked out the places you mentioned. In the small town interior its sometimes easier to jump straight to the mail-order places. Shipping sometimes doubles the price on stuff from the states. I'll take my wife on a "holiday" to the city telling her that we really need to take the pickup so that she can shop.

The balancing of the boat with the tanks was more of a fore/aft question than a port/starboard one. My fallible logic would suggest mounting the tanks slightly aft of centre but maybe there are things (probably a lot of them) that I am unaware of (rookie!!!).

The plan is to cruise/fish Bella Coola to Namu/Shearwater/BellaBella and have gas to spare in between.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.