BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
due to the crazy forestfires last summer,i ended up at clearwater last summer.(no smoke) spent 3 weeks fishing up at coldscaur lake.i am new to that area,fishing wise and i am planning to spend a few weeks somewhere along/around the interlakes hwy.this summer. can any of you fine people recommend a good quiet lake to use for a base?i prefer forest service sites and i dont pull a trailer so i can get into any site a 4x4 can normally access. ive looked thru my fishing map books, but the only tell half the story.(atvs,drunken yahoos,etc.)i really apreciate any and all opinions.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
cmopn, 99 views and nobody ever fished there? im not loking for a honey hole, just a nice place to camp.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Lots of good fishing lakes in that area. Deer lake/Lost horse lake north of Birch lake have decent forestry campsites...

Cheers

-RC

·
Registered
137 Posts
Here were a couple areas that I chose as my starting points for past trips, I have camped at several lakes around the Lac Des Roche Area, and there are so many that are accessible with a truck 4X4 preferred, but you can also chose one of the larger lakes to park at and just bomb around to the many satellite lakes in the area Try walking (not far packed tubes in maybe a road now) into hunka and using poppers stripped fast on the surface, use to be the magic there, not huge fish but over and over till your arm hurt. That was a while go though. If you are planning on being closer to the 100 Mile Area, make sure to stop at Fawn, Irish, Valentine, Boar. Those should be fairly productive as well, I have fished quite a bit around the 100 Mile House Area, PM me if you have questions.

Attachments

·
Registered
111 Posts
I go up that way every September and stay at different forestry campsites. Needa Lake has been good as has Lorin and Howard Lake. Last year I tried Drewry Lake but it was quite muddy and I don't know if it's always like that. Check out the tourist info center in 100 Mile, you can get a large map with all the lakes and backroads in the area for free.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i think i have every map available for the area, if i find a really nice lake to use for home base the wife will be happy and wont mind staying till the holidays run out. we stayed for 3 weeks at coldscaur last year.we fished every lake in a 50 k area around us.the problem is it takles 6 hours to break camp, and she is done after that.

·
Registered
39 Posts
what coachman said...spent a few days in early june up at lost horse lake in 2008. Might be worth checking out...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts