BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
I just wanted to recommend that you take the kids in your life with you on your fishing trips. Children these days desperately need to get outdoors and away from the lure of tv and video games. I took my four year old grandson out for the first time recently, and he had the time of his life.

I was reading a thing on gofishbc.com about a "fishing buddies" program (http://gofishbc.com/fishingbuddies/default.htm) where you sign up and make a promise to introduce someone to fishing who's never been. I think it would be a wonderful gift to a child to expose them to the sport and get them in touch with nature. I'll be taking the kiddo out again next month.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
i would have to agree with you there Bill, seems all my fishing trips these days involve the kids. They love it and ask when we are going again. Remember its not always the catching, its more about the time with your kids away from all the other distractions. Now off to the interior for another family fishing weekend.

·
Banned
1,355 Posts
I really enjoy taking my son fishing as my dad introduced me to the sport.Pass the tradition down to the next generation. Teaching my son to develop a deep sense of appreciation for nature is very rewarding.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts