BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has tried fishing an intruder style fly (ie.bead head rabbit strip or bead head popsicle) under a float the same as a jig? It seems like the same principle only slightly different, no?

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
Welcome aboard there Markus23,nice name by the way,I've thought of doing the samething
in a pinch. The only difference is the wieght on the head is a little smaller and may not get
down as quick but should work just the same. Short float, alittle lead or splitshot,barrel swivel,
18-22inch leader, your offering and your set. Good luck...cheers...Marko.. ;D

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks marko! I guess in many situations almost anything will work...but with the recent craze about jigs, I was just curious. Since I tie flies too I could kill two fish with one stone. I wasn't sure if the upside down stance to the jig was the ticket or it is just less snag prone that way. Anyways, thanks for the info!

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Presentation is everything. I don't think the upside down hook of the jig makes any difference ...... if you fish too deep it will snag just the same. I have fished steelhead flies under a float and have had reasonable success. The Maribou seems to do the trick for me ....... doesn't matter if it's on a jig or not. The action in the right water is deadly.

GOFISH 8)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.