BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning to go up to 100 mile for some lake fishing this week, a friend mentioned Irish Lake. He fished it years ago with some success. I do have a camper on, so I'm limited to where I go. If not Irish, could you suggest another lake in the area.
p.s. I LOVE having a chance to catch BIG fish.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
604 Posts
While you could do worse than Irish there are a heckuva lot better lakes a little further up that highway. I'd look for something with a bit of depth to it as you'll need to get down a little bit with the heat we've experienced lately. I'm assuming you're going to be fly fishing in a tin boat or a float tube maybe?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Irish lake (and Valentine lake) get a lot usage and attention.
If I remember correctly, 100 mile house or Lac la Hache has a great information/visitors center that have some great, free, large maps of local fishing lakes.
Assuming you have a boat, Sheridan lake is known for their good size fish.

·
Registered
784 Posts
One of the first places I fished when I was a lot younger. I have great memories of big fish and lots of fun stories trying to get a boat in there. Things have changed a bit over the years and as others have said it gets a lot of use. You will be a short distance from many good lakes. Janice (smaller fish but lots of them), Fawn (very clear water fun to fly fish), the bigger lakes...Bridge, sheridan, Lac des roche.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts