BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About 7 years ago I started kindergarten with a 12' RIB + a 60Hp. I know, crazy!! but was fun. Fishing was kind of limited but the adrenaline rush was real.
DSC_0192.jpg

A few years later I enrolled with the rest of the kids and got a 16' Hewescraft + 50 Hp
DSCN3993.jpg

When I kind of new how to read and write WCVI, I jumed to a 19' Triumph + 90 Hp
IMG_3401.jpg

Now that I graduated primary fishing school I'm looking for options.

Should I go a for a cork (Arima, c-Dory) or should I look into a deep V ?

I don't have the $$ for a Parker or Boston but i hope i can find something around $20k. Any thoughts will be appreciated.

·
Registered
361 Posts
2 Footitis is definitely real! lol It really depends on where you fish as to what style hull you go with...IMO If you aren't in big rough water much than a flatter "cork" will be a bit more stable at rest or trolling slow. If you do more travelling than you with appreciate the deeper V designs. I have only owned deep V's but have fished in many other hull designs over the years. You will find lots of opinions on both types of hulls but probably best to try and log a few hours on some boats you may be interested in if at all possible......good luck!

·
Registered
6 Posts
IMO, if you are fishing the west coast and off shore then a deep V is the way to go. Have a look at what the guides are running and go from there.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've seen the Georgia Strait get downright ugly at times. Last year's Sylva Bay derby had 6-7 foot swells. I've seen the south arm of the Fraser at the station Harry get pretty nasty too. Personally I would go with the deep V for any of that business.

That being said, I never met a C-Dory I didn't like, but not sure if that would be my choice for a fishing platform. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts