BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if the fishing has died off at ambleside or will this rain bring some white springs to the capilano.

·
Registered
770 Posts
we5stewarts said:
I was just wondering if the fishing has died off at ambleside or will this rain bring some white springs to the capilano.
The party is over and out.

Time to target feeders. If you get a bite, you fluked. If some late fish show up, you're lucky lucky...I suspect they'd cannon up the river it's a raging torrent right now...

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
It's been ok on the flood tides...c 8)oyote abd gypsies near the bottom and smallish baitfish if you can find some. Fish in the 6-10 range have been caught...lots of shakers....check your regs on the keepers.......Ortho

·
Registered
770 Posts
fishortho said:
It's been ok on the flood tides...c 8)oyote abd gypsies near the bottom and smallish baitfish if you can find some. Fish in the 6-10 range have been caught...lots of shakers....check your regs on the keepers.......Ortho
I was out on Friday and I didn't see any action off the Cap. I know of 12 other boats that were out there and 1 was possibly a legal fish that day and a seal had lunch on it.

I know there were a couple of fish pulled off the cap in mid Dec....decent size..but otherwise...it's been slow for "keepers".

yes there are tons of shakers...........

·
Registered
2 Posts
How is the fishing in June Im going to Seattle and then cruising back through BC and I want to do some fishing I have been fishing in Puerto Vallarta Mexico the last couple years and have been eating to much tuna I want some salmon and I forgot how it is to do some cold weather fishing check out "URL removed" for mexico photos could anyone give me some websites or good e-mails for charters in canada any info would be great I have been craving salmon for months and want to get everything set up right
thanks

·
Registered
816 Posts
Well it won't be Puerto Vallarta Mexico. Go to Ketchcan if you want to fill your freezer. Even the best of us have a hard time doing that here... and that is why a caviler post like yours does not get many replies.
Have fun, Jason

·
Registered
770 Posts
internationalangler said:
How is the fishing in June Im going to Seattle and then cruising back through BC and I want to do some fishing I have been fishing in Puerto Vallarta Mexico the last couple years and have been eating to much tuna I want some salmon and I forgot how it is to do some cold weather fishing check out "URL removed" for mexico photos could anyone give me some websites or good e-mails for charters in canada any info would be great I have been craving salmon for months and want to get everything set up right
thanks
How long do you want to fish for?

How many people are in your group? (The limit is 2 kings per person)

If it's just a day or two, you could head over to Sooke and do a day charter via one of the many outfitters over there.
however, they'd want $1000 Canadian/day and there's not a whole lot to do after you're done. Then you could have a gander back in Victoria and take the ferry back to Port Angeles and drive to Seattle. Chances are excellent you'll get a few fish.

Otherwise, if you're definitely in Vancouver, I'd recommend a couple of 6 or 7 hour stints on 2 consecutive days, that way if the day is an "off" one you can fish the next day as well...or you can do a 1 day charter and run across Georgia Strait and fish the Gulf Islands. (Expensive...$1000 Canadian for 10 hours, and you'll probably get your 2 King limit). After your charter there is tons of great scenery, a city to see, you can do 9 holes of golf if you wanted...and endless possibilities to tucker you out before the day is over.

There's lots of saltwater opportunities in Vancouver in June.

1. Fish off the South End of Bowen Island for Feeder Springs.
2. If it's late June, the Capilano Coho (Silvers) start to stage off West Vancouver for their run up the river. June is a tad early. Usually the first run of Cohos show up in numbers at the end of the 1st or 2nd week in July. This is a good fishery and you usually find a few, and there are Chinook mixed in there. In July, there's a lot of "bang for the buck" in this fishery..and you'd probably find most of the cities charter boats in this area in Mid July.
3. The mighty Fraser River is the largest river in the world and the early run of Kings (Chinook or Springs as we call them) peak in June. These fish are all running several hundred miles north up the river. There's more than just a few around.

If you wanted you could hire a guide and go "barfishing" in the Fraser Valley on the Fraser River..... (a 50 mile drive east of Vancouver, lots of advance booking required). They'll fish you from a boat or shore, and it's not exactly thrilling, you're waiting for a fish to swim past and slam the spin n' glow. This is a social type of fishing usually reserved for families having BBQs and drinking copious amounts of BEER. However, I'd recommend Saltwater opportunities (where you also enjoy great Canadian Beer)

I'd book a saltwater charter specifically targetting big springs off the mouth of the Fraser. When you book your charter I would recommend you state this....and be adamant about it. A six hour charter would be a minimum required because of the distance to cover some area, and there is usually an extra cost for the trip because of the gas expense for the operator. It's a bit challenging, but when you hook one, it'll probably be 20lbs plus all the way to 60 lbs. (2 61 lbers were hauled out of the river last year in early June) You could potentially get 2, but there's just so much water to cover so it's not easy. However, a good amount of time put in is worth it. This type of fishing requires a very detail and knowledge oriented guide who is on the water lots...so don't go charter a cheapo fly by night operator. It's a tough fishery (many square miles of water with no bottom structure) to fish.

Unless the operation you book with has a "red hot" better idea to get you fish---stick with this idea. Chances are though they'll be fishing you off the Fraser River area, like the North Arm.

I'd personally recommend 3 outfits (in no particular order) that would show you EXCELLENT fishing opportunities, and if there is a fish to be caught--these guys will do everything they can to get you into a fish or few.

1. Bon Chovy www.bonchovy.com
2. Bonnie Lee Fishing Charters (Google them for contact info). www.bonnielee.com
3. Predator Charters with David Korsch....this guy knows his stuff. www.predatorcharters.com

That's all I can recommend. However, a 1 day charter offers plenty of flexibility for running around to different locations etc..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts