BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys just to let you all know, Island 22 boat lauch will be closing this Monday because of up coming high water and will not open until water levels have dropped and clean up is done. They are going to be building up the **** and evacuating the property! This closing date might be moved depending on how fast the water continues to rise!! :peace:

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
Doug Wilson at FVRD will give a day by day report.I'll post his number later.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Not to impressed with this as I just bought my seasons pass two days ago and not a word was mentioned to me about this :wallbash:. I guess that's $50 in the toilet :pissed: :pissed: :pissed:

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Actually Woody I don't think they threw your $50.00 in the toilet. :confused:

At least you'll have already paid your $$$ when the launch opens back up. :beerchug:

GOFISH 8)

·
Registered
911 Posts
We get flooded out of island 22 almost every year any how so it's not that big of a deal. Monday am the asphalt on cartmell from young to the gravel is getting removed and the raising of the **** will start. I won't expect there will be any public access allowed while the work is being done. I quess gill rd is going to be busy till the river shoot up. I dont know why they dont make another boat launch out at the old cattermole site?
Cheers,
Crazy D

·
Registered
612 Posts
I hope I can still get at my boat....Stored a few blocks from the Island 22 launch...
Don't want to start yelling if I can't access my boat ...

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
Your guess is as good as the next.......I'm betting in three to six weeks......Marko

·
Registered
694 Posts
They said this monday is when it closes, Iwas down there this morning and you can still drive in. I can post this week if it actually closes

·
Registered
911 Posts
Yeah we are moving the gate house tommorrow Am. I was talking to the guy's who are doing the actual raising, they were going to start by roughing up the surfaces and sides then by thurs, remove the ashpalt and start hauling and placing material. It was intresting on sat there no one to check passes, and still lots of people stopping by to see the river and walk the dogs.
Crazy D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts