BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

For your information and circulation,

We are in the process of evacuating all of our facilities within Island 22 Park. We were informed today that starting next week the City will commence raising the wing dike from Young Road through Island 22 Regional Park. We will be keeping the boat launch open until Monday for sure and beyond that I can not guarantee that it will be available for launching.

Everyone’s obvious concern is for how long will the park be closed and what about those that purchased a yearly pass? At this time, boat launch passes will be honoured when the park reopens. If there is considerable damage and the park is closed for a considerable length of time, then we will review the issue of refunds. Please be ensured that we will make certain seasonal pass holders are dealt with fairly.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Yours truly,

Doug Wilson
Manager Parks

·
Registered
612 Posts
Rick, I am impressed with Doug's response and the understanding he seems to have that everyone is informed properly.
Personally, I was out at Island 22 Monday(yesterday) and it had only one truck parked at the launch,but it was open..
Launched the boat and had a beautiful afternoon on The Harrison and Fraser just below Harrison confleunce...
There were a few springs(not many) splashing just out of the dirty water to clean their gills..
One smaller sturgie on and a nice quiet time alone with a good book and the cell phone turned off :happy:..
I definately needed the short break away from the house and work :thumbup:.....

·
Registered
708 Posts
It is now scheduled to reopen this saturday. The parks manager Doug Wilson has sent out a notice to this effect.

·
Registered
956 Posts
that is outstanding!

thanks for the heads-up rln and to all those who got it up and running!

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Guess I can put away my torch now, after paying MY 100$$, I figured I'd have to take the gate off my rented boat launch.
Hopefully someone will make that place what it should be, a safe place for the tax paying public to launch boats with safety first.
My anchor rope was used 1 too amny times last year to pull people out of the water, needless.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts