BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its humpy season again! Lets not lament on no sockeye. I mean does anyone actually get fishing satisfaction out of bouncing a 12 foot leader? I thought not. It was the prize at the end of the line, not the actual method of fishing that made it so satisfying.

Pinks are so unassuming. Forget that they get to a size in only 2 years that any other salmon could only salivate about. Forget that they are the most aggressive of all salmon. Forget that they are spunky fighters. Forget that they come back in numbers that make every other salmon species appear extinct.

The only 'problem' with humpies is that, without condiments, they taste like french fries. Ever eaten french fries without ketchup, vinegar or salt? Thought not. Treat a humpie like fries. Add some teriyaki sauce on the barbie and you will think you went to heaven.

Treat Pinks as the precious resource they are.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The pinks will come..no worries. They are probably the most adaptive of salmon. While sockeye and chums depend on plankton and euphausid shrimp for survival. cohoes on euphasids then finfish, chinooks on basically finfish....pinks live on whatever is available..euphasids or finfish..they will come. Lets just enjoy them when they come. Without question, they are the most predicable of salmon.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Hope some Pinks make it to the Fraser or elsewhere as everybody who has a boat in Victoria/Sooke area is limiting out on them right now.

Caught 12 in a couple of hours and we were actually fishing for chinooks.

I want to try flyfishing for them on the Fraser (if this ban is lifted!)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.