Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh it must be nice to have a boat
shore fishing for me
any report though ???

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
hey Jim

how many BB'ers have you seen out there so far? :naughty: a friend of mine was out on a bar near Island 22 a few days back, so there is a couple showing. and yes i saw the picture of her standing in the water up to her knees, then gave her flack for BBing however not her fault the people she went with told her what to do. she knows better know :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
4,449 Posts
BB'ers have you seen out there so far?
Hook, since there is a huge difference bewteen 'bottom bouncing' as it has come to be know on the Fraser and the 'other' kind known to those who steelhead, I would prefer that you use the term 'flosser' to describe what you talking about. Many of us 'drift fisherman' who have been 'bottom bouncing' for steelies for years on many streams use ethical tactics. I just don't want any new users on this forum (and there are a few!) to get the wrong idea. There are many previous posts on this subject and I would encourage everyone who visits the Fraser this year to make an informed decision on how to fish for salmon.

Cheers,

BGM

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
no fisheys yet , no bars either.
I was fishing the Fraser the other day and seen Five Jacks hooked (three landed)
Day before one guy got a 7 lb spring
today nothing but a small dollie, small white fish and lots of bullheads :wallbash:
oh well thats fishing
I just need to get my hands on some good roe :confused:

·
Registered
334 Posts
Big Green Machine said:
Hook, since there is a huge difference bewteen 'bottom bouncing' as it has come to be know on the Fraser and the 'other' kind known to those who steelhead, I would prefer that you use the term 'flosser' to describe what you talking about. Many of us 'drift fisherman' who have been 'bottom bouncing' for steelies for years on many streams use ethical tactics. I just don't want any new users on this forum (and there are a few!) to get the wrong idea. There are many previous posts on this subject and I would encourage everyone who visits the Fraser this year to make an informed decision on how to fish for salmon.

Cheers,

BGM
That's very interesting that you mentioned that, because I think I may be one of the "new users" that you are referring to. I was recently steelheading with some seasoned pros on the Island and was shocked to see that they were bottom bouncing. They were using super short leaders (1 foot), but my experiences are basically limited to this forum and I was under the impression that this tactic was taboo. I'm starting to understand that there are two very different types of "bottom bouncing." I actually PM'd a knowledgeable member of this forum today to clear up this issue for me because I figured it would cause a big mess if I asked publicly.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Roughingminor said:
Big Green Machine said:

Cheers,

BGM
That's very interesting that you mentioned that, because I think I may be one of the "new users" that you are referring to. I was recently steelheading with some seasoned pros on the Island and was shocked to see that they were bottom bouncing. They were using super short leaders (1 foot), but my experiences are basically limited to this forum and I was under the impression that this tactic was taboo. I'm starting to understand that there are two very different types of "bottom bouncing." I actually PM'd a knowledgeable member of this forum today to clear up this issue for me because I figured it would cause a big mess if I asked publicly.
read bill herzogs colour guide to steelhead drift fishing. all you need to know about when,where, why and how.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Jason Tonelli from Pacific Angler also wrote up a very well written article on this subject in BC Outdoors Fishing magazine!

Butttt.............I think this thread is supposed to be about Jack springs on the fraser river....

Sooo....how'd everyone make out for the elusive 77cm or below early run fraser river Chinook? lol

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Butttt.............I think this thread is supposed to be about Jack springs on the fraser river....
Thanks for bringing it back Mike D.

Is anyone fishing for jacks on the Fraser
any reports
Thats all i asked

Lets not use the F word we will never hear the end of it

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.