BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Went out to Jacko this afternoon to check things out. It is still completely iced over with the edges just starting to melt as there was some open water along the shoreline. There was an older guy that was ice fishing there as well. He landed a 2.5 'lber and had a few bites this afternoon. He said there was 14 inches of ice at the far end by the creek. He advised that it had been years since he has been able to ice fish this lake and said it was at least 2 weeks late. He did advise that six mile is or will be ice free shortly. Apparently someone fell through the ice last week. It did feel quite warm up there today (in the sun) with no wind. I would guess at our current below normal temps at least 2 weeks before ice off here. Then again if we get some warm weather and wind then it could be sooner. I will check in at the Kamloops Fly shop to enquire about six mile.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Jacko Lake is ice free. Went out early afternoon and one end still had ice on it, went back around 4:30 and the ice was gone, most likley due to the howling winds that are ALWAYS prevelant at this lake. :wallbash: :wallbash: I tried to get out and give it a shot but got blown off the lake. It appears the lake is turning already as there was quite a bit of bottom debris and the water was murky. The parking lot was a zoo as usual and fishing was apparently spotty. I am sure parking will be tough on the weekend and it may be like bumper boats out there!!! I would think Edith is ice free or close. Why is it always windy around the lakes in Kamloops? Is it just my bad luck?

·
Registered
183 Posts
I fished Jacko on Monday, from what I was told it froze over on the weekend..... I was in my float tube and was very cold. The guides were freezing up, not to mention me..... I fished mine bay but saw that everyone was at the opposite end. There was a lot of heavy equipment working above the bay so not sure if that had anything to do with it. Never had any hits, the wind was crazy again.....There was a lot of bottom debris on the lake and it looked to be a tea color. In 4ft of water it was not possible to see the bottom. Not sure if anyone else hit anything as I was a ways away and I showed up late afternoon. Still quite a few vehicles in the lot.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.