BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would be the best way to hook Jensen eggs and worms? preferly under a float

thanks in advance

·
Banned
187 Posts
jensens you can just slide on the hook with some wool, and worms i like to use a 6 inch needle like a sewing needle, avalible at freds.

·
Registered
911 Posts
well said CK I just use one of my wifes long sewing needles for the worms and the jensen tuck up under the wool on the hook
CrazyD

·
Registered
172 Posts
Ideally, slide the jensen egg(s) over the eye of the hook above the wool to prevent them from slipping down.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
If you are using the Jensen eggs that come in a connected strand, try this.......break off two eggs and thread one egg up the shank of the hook, and leave one egg stcking out at right angles to the shank away from the hook point.....Add a SMALL piece of white or a combo of white/pink....white/peach woll (no bigger than the eggs themselves)...Use with any kind of scent.....Ortho

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
great techniques! i'll have to try them,thanks guys!

·
Retired Administrator
4,447 Posts
If you want your Jensen Egg(s) to stay up on the shaft of the hook near the eye, then you can run the line from your bait loop/bumper knot through the egg and then back out again through the eye. Don't forget the wool too.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I thread both Worms and Jensen eggs onto my leader with a 6 inch sewing needle. Before threading them on, I thread a sequin onto the line so that it acts as a bumper between the worm/egg and the eye of the hook. You can get sequins at any fabric, dressmaking or hobby shop.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Same as curmedgeon for me. I like to thread them right onto the leader, and let tem sit on the eye of the hook.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I like to run them right on the hook up tight against the little wool puff balls I tie into egg loop.

Never notice a problem with them coming off exept after hooking a fish - acceptable loss.

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
I have a buddy who swears by green jensen eggs, I think the main reason they work is that nobody else is using them though, I use the bc orange also, and sometimes the hot pink...

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
I think the size of the Jensen egg is more important than the colour....I have thrashed water with what I thought was a killer set up and after catching nothing switched to a smaller egg and wham! first cast..go figure.....same colour too!.Ortho

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hot Pink w/ cream pink yarn puff in green (3-4ft vis) colder water or, Natural orange w/natural roe yarn puff in gin-clear cold water

Do not use in warmer water - 43deg and above

1 - 15 of 15 Posts