BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Farny....nice to see you have made it over here from SFBC (assuming it IS the same Farny).

I don't have any experience locally but if you do a search (top right corner) through the salt forum there has been mention of it by a particular member(s)....I just don't remember who? It also "may" have been discussed over at SFBC as well.....I know it was one of these two forums.

I know the area mentioned was out off of Ambleside and the Cap; I just can't recall if it was "still good" or it "was good" in days of "yester-year". :confused:

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Finding any herring, let alone jigging them for bait is a thing of the past in local waters...Might be different a little farther north, but the loss of the herring was also the demise of the inner gulf Island salmon fishery.........Ortho 8)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes its the same farny , I cant see why it cant be done fishing live herring is a real enjoyable way to fish,I was just in alberni and I was going to try ,but the guys I was with didnt want to

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
farny said:
yes its the same farny , I cant see why it cant be done fishing live herring is a real enjoyable way to fish,I was just in alberni and I was going to try ,but the guys I was with didnt want to
Maybe the fish will be "fighting" to get one of the last few herring in local waters and you will have great success??? I guess it could never hurt to try? :confused:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.