BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
darcycote said:
good question. i am headed up there for a week at the end of july.
If your talking about the one by Barrier,i fished it 5yrs. ago tough fishing only because the lake is so damn clear.It is the clearest,cleanest lake i have ever seen,very interesting color of blue the trick i was told is very slow troll with LLOOOOOOOOOONNNNNGGGGGGGGG leader.Beach at the forest service end was awsome, if you have little kids the water is up to your knees for ever and then it just drops right off to about 70ft.Very sand at that end ,strange type of sand silica base, you can stir it up and it just drops straight down and doesn't cloud up,if july heats up you should be okay up there its pretty high in elevation,there was a resort up there back then i don't know now if its still open but they use to have alittle store that sold the basics.

·
Registered
694 Posts
http://www.bcfishingreports.com/forum/index.php/topic,6646.msg60768.html#msg60768

Just to add, the resort is fully operational with very nice hosts. The reason the sand felt weird is it is volcanic ash mainly. The colour of the water is due to a mainly limestone spring feeder system. The little lake is nice and easy to fish, the big lake can be trolled very well, and you can get fish on the fly but long leaders is a must. Hit me up if you need some more info. :peace:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.