BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy Canada Day everybody (oh - that was yesterday). Anyway, FishFinder and I were planning on hitting the interior this weekend and we ended up fishing at Jones Lake. I was worried that this hot streak of weather would have turned the interior lakes off. So - after overanalyzing the situation, I agreed to FF's recommendation to give Jones a try. Considering that I've never fished there - I was open to the new experience.

We hit the water at about 9:00 AM with fly rods all good to go. The sun was out - but there was a bit of wind later in the afternoon. Hit several trout on flies using a type 3 sink line. FF landed a beauty 18 inch cutty. After a few snaps and a nice release, I got a nice hit. At first, there was a little head shaking. Then it felt like a log! After reeling in what I thought could be a big piece of driftwood, the head shakes came back, and the "log" wouldn't come closer to my tube. It turned out to be a 22+ inch cutty that wouldn't fit into my net. I did "land" the fish, with half of its body (tail end) hanging out of the net. After removing the hook, the fish just slipped out of the net and was gone before FF could snap the photo. No worries. I just released the largest cutty I've ever hooked... :wink:

We fished until about 2:30 and decided to call it a day. All in all, it was an enjoyable day on the water. Thanks for the great trip FF - as always!

BTW - productive flies included leeches, careys, and halfback/fullback variations...

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
That's awesome!!! Sounds like one of those days that sticks with ya Ffmagician...I'm jealous. congrats on that cutt!!! too bad about the pic op...
nice to hear someone is gettin some! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Rib

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Wow...that sounds like an awesome cutty, FFM!!! Too bad about the lost opportunity to take a pic of an impressive fish.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. It was probably the largest trout I've actually landed. FF got a good look at it right before the release! He thought it was very similar to a 23 inch cutty he landed a few years back...

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Nice work, boys. Sounds like a great day on the stillwater. How many gallons of mosquito repellent did you use?? :wink: ..............Ortho 8)

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Hey Finder............Did you have to get a half day pass from the bride for the Fraser Fishing, :lol: ...Boy, two days in a row?.........(Better check out the roadside stands for some flowers.....she's givin' you way too much time on the flow!)....Ortho 8)

D

·
0 Posts
i was going to up to jones but i went up to chehalis insted didnt catch any fish i had no boat but it was still alot of fun

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
fishortho Posted: Tuesday 04th of July 2006 03

Hey Finder............Did you have to get a half day pass from the bride for the Fraser Fishing, :lol: ...Boy, two days in a row?.........(Better check out the roadside stands for some flowers.....she's givin' you way too much time on the flow!)....Ortho 8)
I actually got another full day pass...Kind'a sprung it on her while I was already out there :shock: 8) ...It's all good though...I got done what I needed to do around the house today just in a nick of time, before the in laws arrived. I get when the going is good! :wink:

Finder :wink:

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Nothin' like gettin' the chores and all the "honey do's" done early.... more time to Fish!
We should have an in-law pool, so when they wear out their welcome we can ship them off to some of our fishin' buddies?....Do ya need a couple more tourists in your house, Kev? :?: :wink: ......C ya out there..Ortho 8)

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
You know what they say...

It's easier to ask for forgiveness rather than permission. :p :lol:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hey boys....Well i finally made it back online...too bad I'm in Texas right now....Good to here the local waters r being kind to ya. We'll have to plan a day on the water soon ff. It's been a while. Love your saying about forgivness Stone....i'll have to try that sometime! :wink: :twisted:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts