BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I fished Jones Lake yesterday - what a bust! I've been going up there every few years for the past 20 years and it's always been a bust. I'm done with it! Nary a fish to be seen or found. I'm into a little more action than that place gives. Hope some of you have better success up there.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Really what are you using? I have done well all around the lake using olive green leeches and around the creek mouths with dries and stickleback patterns.

·
Registered
477 Posts
A friend of mine was there on the weekend and said that fishing was on the slow side. Not many bigger fish caught...mostly smaller bows. The unsteady weather is the culprit my guess.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I keep going back because I hear good reports. I tried a green leech, black leech, muddler minnows, travelling sedge pupa, and chironomids. Nothing. Talked to two other boats out there and they'd been skunked for a couple of days too. There are too many lakes with much better fishing for me to waste my time up there any more.

·
Registered
483 Posts
If you go past the cabins and fish near the slide area you should get into fish,full sink or slime line usually works.I have fished that lake a few dozen time and have never been skunked.You can also chuck dewies on the bottom from shore and catch passing creyfish :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Interesting, mixed reviews on Jones, huh? I was all stoked to go, after talking to a fellow that uses willow leafs and worms. Not good to hear about the recent skunkage...!
In another thread I was asking about the road - hate to post the same question, but I am wondering about towing my alum boat up to Jones for the first time. Think my Astro van will handle the road?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You shouldn't have any trouble with your Astro van. The road is steep in places, but in good condition (at least a couple of weeks ago it was fine).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts