BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im going up there this long weekend never been there what do i use and what kind of fish are in it im bring my fly rod and a spin caster 8)

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
danielk said:
im going up there this long weekend never been there what do i use and what kind of fish are in it im bring my fly rod and a spin caster 8)

going where? were talking about licensing for the fraser here... :confused:

·
Registered
227 Posts
Danielk

I have been up to Jones twice in the last month. I use a pontoon. you? on the fly side I have been told that sticklebacks and Black Leach's and black spratley's are what i should use. None of these worked for me yet! I have hit Rainbows and Kokkenes on a Green Carey on both days on the troll. The warmer weather will help. Both days were very cold and hail and raining! good luck!

Stormin30

·
Registered
517 Posts
I usually do really well with streamer patterns. Muddlers, Mickey Finns and anything that imitates a stickleback or another minnow. hang on to your rod! the hits are vicious and there are some big fish (20+0 inches) in there. :happy: good luck!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i got a boat im thinking to hit up the creek mouths going to throw spinners with shrimp or worms on them a friend told me that works good . At night the fly rod comes out i got a few shrimp and a couple leach patterns im going to try for the koks ill see what happens if i land anything nice ill get a pic

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
reelangler said:
danielk said:

going where? were talking about licensing for the fraser here... :confused:
woops, i dont know what happened there, somehow i got from the license thread to this one. sorry :wallbash:. must have pressed next again instead of page 2.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Hey stealheadstalker

What deepth should i be in with a stickleback imatation? I have had a slow start this year 2 fish and :naughty:lost 2. I was using a sink tip and a floating with my Carey Special. I had to resort to trolling in my pontoon in order to find them! Is is the water temp? Lots of questions but this is my 3 season and need some advice! thanks up front.

As for the worms both fish had large worms in there bellies and small green cron's

1 - 8 of 8 Posts