BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been going up to Face Lake for the last couple of years, and am getting ready to go up again in a couple of weeks. One thing I've wondered about though is why are the fish jumping so much there? We even had one jump into our boat! I've never seen anything like it anywhere else. They seem to be jumping so aggressively and it does not seem to be related to feeding, or is it? Anyway, I'm not from the area but I thought you guys might have a better answer because you probably see it all the time. So, why are they jumping and is there something about the jumping that can help me catch more fish?

· Banned
2,854 Posts
what time of year is this? Is the lake fairly shallow?

I have been to Tunkwa lake in July and the fish were doing this because they were covered in fresh water lice. Now that lake is very shallow and im sure that helps create this dilemma. I got hit in the head by a few fish because i was in a float tube. i almost managed to catch one just holding out my net.

what we used when this was happening to catch fish was trolling Green Damsel nymphs. and we actually happened to be the only ones getting fish until people started asking and we told them what we were using. It worked quite effectively actually.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.