BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm am just curious about that big mess of sunken boats and barges where that B.C. Ferry is sitting? What happens to all of that crap leaking oil and diesel into the Fraser when freshet is at full force? Has anybody thought about the Environmental problems that could arise from such a place? Just wondering what people thought about this place.Would it be considered a City of Mission problem or Federal Fisheries? I think the Government should step in and make this guy clean up :peace:

·
Registered
279 Posts
I don't think that the government cares too much about the polution flowing into the Ocean. :pissed: Think about it all the piss and poop from the island flows straight into the ocean. ??? ::) That can't be good for business. :confused:

My :2cents: , Nates

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I guess I picked the wrong topic to try and discuss :'(

·
Registered
281 Posts
The Fraser's polluted. There's lots of cars and sunken boats and god knows whatever else. There should definately be a more rigorous clean-up done and we all know that takes money and well..... we know the rest of the story. I think you just picked an issue that most anglers in the lower mainland have grown accustomed to. And we all need to remember one thing: Don't throw stones on this issue unless you are out there picking up trash when you are out there and attending river cleanups etc... WE CAN ALL HELP

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good point troutchaser. It was just brought to my attention by a buddy of mine one day. Who talking about trying to get Fisheries and Oceans to step in and help this old guy clean up the shoreline. But he lacks any resources even a phone to even get anything going. So I thought I'd see what other people thought about the situation and take it from there to help my friend out. That's all, not looking for signatures or anything just opinions :peace:

·
Registered
281 Posts
I'm sure DFO is aware of it. In Bradner there are VWs by one part that I believe were actually somewhat of a retaining wall. There's gotta just be some straight up, gruesome debris buried in the bottom of of this stinktrap... I mean river we all love.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I know there's a steam locomotive at the bottom around Mt Lehmen area I think. You used to be able to see parts of it at summer low and low tide. 8)

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Just as a "HEADS UP" :thumbup:

I've heard from very good sources that the gravel road from Bradner Road down into Glen Valley will be closed. Finally they are fed up with all the trash left there .... it's become a real garbage pit.

GOFISH 8)

·
Banned
24 Posts
Heh, piss and poo from the island? We got piss and poo from the mainland. I know for a fact that we only have primary waste treatment for most of the vancouver area. So remember, when you take the kids out to white rock or jericho beach this year, that water has a high turd count. I'f i'm not mistaken, vancouvers terrible for sewage going straight into the ocean. Mmm, mmm I won't touch a shellfish or bottom feeder from the area, I dont care for eating human waste. As for the junkyard thing, they dont care, its just some rotting steel. Thats peanuts compared to all the other stuff.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
I'm nt to sure the crabs in the saltchuck around the lowermainland eat crap? Can you prove this?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Aren't Crabs bottom feeders? So they would eat anything on the bottom.

Heh, piss and poo from the island?
Victoria does not even treat it, just goes out raw.

The truth is though DFO/BC Ministry of Environment do not give two hoots about pollution or fish. They are both incompetent agencies.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
spacecadet said:
Mmm, mmm I won't touch a shellfish or bottom feeder from the area, I dont care for eating human waste.
Yes well there is good crabbing not too far from an "outflow" right near Jericho pier. We have been crabbing in English Bay for years and with the exception of my buddy's sh*tty breath ;D we seem to be fine and they sure taste great!! Don't forget there are boats that are pumping their "piss and pooh" out of their holding tanks all over the place. Considering everything that sh*ts in the ocean.....I hope you keep your mouth firmly closed if you ever swim in the chuck.....not to mention lakes. ;) ;)

On a side note.......manure is used as a fertilizer.....cows graze on the "pooh grass".....then you grill it on the BBQ and enjoy it with a cold beer. :beerchug:

·
Registered
138 Posts
piss and poo, not that big of a deal....think about it - ithe detritus is broken down and processed by bacteria, etc. who are in turn eaten by larger forms of life, who then provide food for crabs, etc....really its all part of greatchain. The only reason we get sick from it is because we aren't designed to break the shit down, but we can eat those who do. In the end, what difference will it make if we eat crab from waters close to cities or further out. They still eat the same stuff!

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Not to mention that when I pull up my traps they have just finishing feasting on raw chicken or turkey!! I am yet to catch salmonella and no one seems to believe me when I tell them that fresh crab right from the ocean tastes "just like chicken!" ::)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts