BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What should, could, can i do? Its an 8 inch wide strip, starts infront of the front legs, and goes back, no belly hair to far forward, i get 2 legs the sides and the back. Its from a november muley, so long hair 2-2 1/2 inches. I'm thinking coho muddlers, steelhead dries, every deer hair trout pattern i can find.

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
Tom Thumbs, caddis, muddlers (regular and rolled), Stimulators, comparaduns, Tom thumbs, deer hair mouse, hair-wing mayflies, Tom Thumbs, humpies. Take some of the hair and treat it with Blondissima (sp) to bleach it. Once bleached it can be dyed various colours. Then you can tie some Tom Thumbs.

G

·
young gun said:
What should, could, can i do? Its an 8 inch wide strip, starts infront of the front legs, and goes back, no belly hair to far forward, i get 2 legs the sides and the back. Its from a november muley, so long hair 2-2 1/2 inches. I'm thinking coho muddlers, steelhead dries, every deer hair trout pattern i can find.
Y would a november muley have longer hair? ::) new breed of mule ? And I think u also just answered your own question there too buddy, coho stellie dries and then go to google and type in trout deer hair patterns lmao, I LOVE TOM THUMBERS! they are the bomb. Damn I've caught one too many bows over 5lbs on them :wallbash:

Thanks for SHARING! I have all the hide left from my 4x4 november muley off harrison lake, it has the same style hair as the one I shot in october up country lol.

Have u ever tried using White Tail hair? its shaweet dude, when I used to work up near grande prarie when I welded up there, I used to go to a buddays "farm" and blast a 5x5 or 6x6 every year! lots of hair, and the tails are ez to die as they r WHITE!

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
young gun said:
any special dye needed?
I use RIT or Dylon. You can get them at any craft store, otr at a fabric store. Pretty much any fabric dye will work. Just dyed up some yellow and olive Lady Amherst phesant neck yesterday and used the yellow today.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Don't limit yourself to fabric stores if you're looking fro RIT or Dylon; I've seen it at WalMart (for those of us who still patron the store), Canadian Tire...I've even seen it at 7-11 stores, LOL.

As for what to do with your hide, like everyone said...Tom Thumbs!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Some others flies are Madam X's, hoppers, bass flies, and of course TOM THUMBS! Its good to tie lots of tom thumbs because as you may know they get pretty ripped up after you've caught a few fish. I find they still work pretty well though even when they are bushy.

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
King Fisher said:
Some others flies are Madam X's, hoppers, bass flies, and of course TOM THUMBS! Its good to tie lots of tom thumbs because as you may know they get pretty ripped up after you've caught a few fish. I find they still work pretty well though even when they are bushy.
I find they work even better! :thumbup:

·
Registered
32 Posts
I find that every year my muley patch looks different. I think it depends on the age of the deer? The colors are always slightly different. This year's is very dark but thinner strands. It was a three point in the Coquihalla area.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.