BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So is it just me, or are other guys out there just just not feeling it right now, fishing wise? I had the oppurtunity to get out fishing, whether that be on a lake or Sturgeon fishing, Dolley fishing or whatever, and I just couldn't bring myself to climb out of bed this weekend. I know there could be various reasons for this, like getting up at 4:30 to 5 am on weekends for about 10 months straight got a bit tiresome, wanting to spend some time with the girlfriend, now that she is out of school for a bit. I mean, I was gunned all week to head to the Vedder for one last time, but well, as my usual luck would have it, she's out.... ???
Maybe I just need some time away from it to get refreshed for the upcoming seasons... It is not like I am not pumped about fishing, I am still thinking about the gear I want to get for the upcoming seasons, there is this pair of waders that I am constantly salavating over (the Dan Baileys), and a new drift rod that I thinking about, not sure what one just yet though ( a Stryker, Trophy Royal, Or a Talon LT2), but I just don't have that urge to make it out all that much right now.
Anyone else feeling this? :cheers:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Big steel you nailed it. I wanted to go to the vedder all week but go figure she's done. Back up plan was going to the check. Thats done because I just got out of bed now nice sleep in for once. And did'nt go yesterday because I went to the tradex for the car show. Thats weird I thought I was the only one gettin lazy here. But thats all goin to change May 1st as we have our first trip planned up merritt - loops .

Good luck :thumbup:

·
Registered
419 Posts
I've been lazy all steelhead season. Made it out only 3 times. I think I'm just tired of fighting for some space or tired of fishing alone. Either way I've gotta get out and fight this bug. :confused:

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Well it is a diffferent story for me, Hit the river all day friday, Rib hooked into 3, I hooked into.....none :wallbash: but not for a lack of trying, we were on the river all day! Yesterday I hit the river again with Marko and landed a clean 6lb wild buck, nice high water fight. That was going to be it, but deceided to try some local streams today but no luck there. So thats it! Steelhead season is over, now its time to concetrate on those sturgies, maybe get some time out on the chuck now that I have some riggers on the boat!!

·
Registered
612 Posts
I've been working so many weird shifts at work since January I hardly know which day of the week it is..
I'm finally back to the regular 4 on 4 off this week...
The boat gets a run tomorrow and Tuesday, don't care what the weather is doing...
Sturgeon look out,,Tuesday maybe a spring ????? Its hard to believe it will be May 1st........ :confused:
Quess I better get the snow tires off the VW and polish up the mags.....

·
Registered
911 Posts
No i hear ya on that one, it seems like every time I say yeah time to hit the water either the weather is not cooperating or something comes up that screws up the plans. The boat is tuned, full of fuel, the reels are all full of new line, but i just cant seem to get stoked to hit the flow. :p Maybe once the weather settles down and the river drops again it will get back to normal.
Cheers,
Crazy D

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
ya had the fishin blues all season. i live on Peach rd. and fished 4 times this season??? found it real hard to break away with conditions and the the busy sced. maybe the fly season will be better, already missed 2 trips??

·
Registered
225 Posts
took all of april off after hitting hard since october.the loves building though. blue back in a few weeks. perfect for the BBQ :) :cheers:

·
Registered
956 Posts
I can relate BS

I have been involved in a bunch of projects at my house for the past couple of months and only been able to get out a couple of times. I had an opportunity to go out yesterday for the day, but when the alarm went off at the early witching hour, I could not get myself motivated to get up. I have been putting in a bunch of hours around our property to make sure that I have ample time available for the up and coming runs.

The little woman keeps trying to tell me, the more time I put in now working, the more time I will have later to fish. For some reason, I have yet to see where this is true. I am pretty burned out on chores/projects right now and I need a break. Unfortunately when I have a break, I can't get myself motivated to get up early.

It will all change shortly though, my fingers are crossed with hope and anticipation!!

·
Registered
694 Posts
Big Steel said:
So is it just me, or are other guys out there just just not feeling it right now, fishing wise? I just couldn't bring myself to climb out of bed this weekend.

Suck it up Sister ;D It's little Nancy's like you that give a bad name to the rest of us :drunk:

Just kidding, it's good to find a nice balance. I know I've had to, to keep the family happy, house in somewhat repair, and a few of the yard chores done. Plus get some just kick back and veg time. :beerchug:

·
Registered
242 Posts
sounds like its time for the change up...

Try targeting a different species and try fishing with new people.

All you old fishing strories will be new again. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I dont know about being too lazy to get up out of bed and get out, but for me it was fishing once i was out :wallbash: stupid me didnt take the chance to fish while i did yesterday. Got out to pitt lake and out to the beach we stay at for the day. once we were there and i went out fishing, i just didnt want to anymore. hopefully it was just a one time thing... or else... theres something wrong with me. :confused:

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks guys.... Jamie you suck. Nancy!!! ;D ;D I am sure that I'll come around, I was thinking back and over the years I think that there is always a bit of down time. But the last couple years I have at least been out for Sturgeon..... I am really looking forward to the Springs though, the Fraser and the Vedder. New gear also helps, but I don't have the money for that right now... Maybe soon. :happy:

Cheers guys. :cheers:

·
Registered
105 Posts
Yes Im feeling it too! I plan to go out for the day, spend the night before preparing my gear and when I go to bed I lay there and try to decide where Im going to fish , should I bring the boat and go to a lake, or go to the Vedder or Chehalis and hike about. Then I think maybe I should save the $100.00 for gas, beer,and sundry supplies and take the wife and kid for dinner after mowing the lawn. Talk about feeling conflicted! Last two weekends I slept in and didnt go , then was a bear all day and got kicked out of the house too late to do anything. I hope this passes soon before they haul me away to the loonie bin!!! ??? ???

·
Registered
280 Posts
Your not alone BS.
I havent been much into fishing for allmost a year.
I have even thought about selling the boat a few times.
The golf course has been where ive been spending my time and i dont see the near future being much different.

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
Ahhhhh...the links...a favorite place of mine as well...at one time I was so fanatic that for several years, I averaged 2-3 rounds per week all year round, rain or shine...

Now that Steelhead season is just about done, I will pick up the clubs once more, but with sturgeon, springs and summer runs around the corner, I think my golf addiction is up for some serious competition!!!

You'll all start "feeling it" soon enough, especially when the weather warms up, and the springs are in...soon it'll be a two day trip to the harrison area for me, with a few rounds over at sandpiper, and a few springs on the line in between...!

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
my problem isnt that i havent been feeling it. its been that the river has been pooching us in the rear :( cant wait for them springs and the upcoming fall lets all hope with the pinks returning we get good numbers of Ho's as well

wish I could get out for some sturgies but without a boat it makes it difficult :( haha anyone want a tag along without a sturgy rod ;) :D:D

tight lines

HOOK

1 - 18 of 18 Posts